First big step towards disability...successful

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes. I was sooo nervous about going to my rhuemy today cuz I had to ask him about helping me with getting my disability retirement. Well, I almost fell over...he not only offered to do what ever I needed...he said he would take charge of being the central doctor for it !!!!( not sure what that means but it sounds like he has done this before ) I started to cry AFTER he said yes...I was sooo relieved and i think I had been holding my breath the enrire visit. I know his specialty was SO important to have. Now all I have to do is tell my primary doctor about it and I am pretty sure she will do it too. She has been telling me to quit working for awhile.

I am trying not to get too excited because I know from all of you...its a long road. I still have not found anyone on this board that has tried my route...State Retirement System..( Like early medical retirement?) I am still unsure of what to do next...I do not think I will need an atty if I have the doctors on my side? I have not talked to my employer...but I cant imagine they will say I am employable if I was told I could not drive more than 15-20 mins at a time. It takes me over an hour to even get to my office...never mind all my other cognitive problems once i get there!

anyways, my journey has begun...it actually takes my mind off the pain. Its my new mission. Then I will be able to help others with this dd.

Type to you soon...
    jmq
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

YAY YAY YAY jmq and YAY again. He must have had a twisst in his shorts the first time you saw him ... lol

(((((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))

I am right behind ya hun on April 17th ;-) (top notch Rheumy appt - 1st time)
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

Actually, I told him that YOU would kick his *&^* if he didnt! LOL...just kidding...your message however, did give me the courage to speak up and ask!

I hope and pray that you too get some relief from your situation too!

jmq
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am so happy for you ;-)