FIRST PLANE TRIP SCARED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petsrme, Jul 4, 2006.

1. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am leaving in the morning to fly with my brother to Boston MA. It is my first plane ride and I am scared to death. I am thinking about taking something before I get on the plane to calm my nerves. We are going to see Madonna. I hope all goes well and we have a good time and that I am not sick the whole time. We will be back on Friday so it is a short trip. I'll let ya'll know if we make home safely. Thanks for always being here for me and I hope everyone had a great fourth!!
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Probably a good idea to take something for your nerves if you're scared. For me, flying is one of the most fun things I've ever done. My last flight was out to Kansas and back, and I had my nose against the window the whole way. The view from a plane is phenomonal. We flew over the rocky mountains. There was a river winding through them that looked like a golden necklace when the sun hit it. And the airport should have some fun gift shops and a food court.

I'm sure you'll be home safely! Enjoy the concert. :)
    ((love)) Shannon
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

On the plane try to focus on something like a magazine article and do some deep breathing. I am only afraid during take off and landing.

Hope you have a great trip!!!!
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam always a little nervous when I fly too.........keep in mind that it is MUCH safer to fly than to drive!!!!

We always hear about it when plane crashes because it is SO rare!

My prayers and thoughts are with you ............be safe and let us know when your back!

Love you
    Doxy

ps. your so lucky to get to see Madonna!!!!!!!!!!:)
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I LOVE the takeoff and landing!! I could spend the rest of my life flying to different corners of the world- if I had the money. I think the plane trip is half the fun.

I am sure you'll be allright. have fun!!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/04/2006]
  6. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have the worst problem taking off and landing. I make sure I am looking straight ahead or close my eyes and breath deep. Have fun!
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

It might help to remember the pilot wants to get there too!

Have fun, it's neat to look through the on board magazine that sells stuff!

Susan
  8. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

which is a nine hour flight and I plan on taking Xanax for the long duration of the flight, because of my restlessleg syndrome and being in tight spaces. We are going first class since we had enough AA points and it will be much nicer to have the room to recline our seat and not be so squished in for the long flight.

TxSongBird
  9. petsrme

petsrme Member

Hi, guys! thank you for all your suggestions and support. I have made it here safely! My body is tired and aching, but at least I am alive and well. The flights were not so bad. We had a layover in Detroit. My legs got really achy and my neck is hurting from the stress and carrying bags, but I am going to sleep in a minute to try to feel better by tomorrow. Thank you again!!!
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

petsrme:

I always take something before going on a plane. I figure that I can make it a nice trip of one full of anxiety.

I always take some Dramamine with the other meds: the kind that relaxes you--not non-drowsy formula.

That is just what works for me.

nyrofan
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

than a car ride. Oh yeah? How come it doesn't feel that way?

Well, we all know it is. Good for, Pets.

I like to read and listen to my Walkman. I usually fall asleep and then I get jabbed cause I snore.
  12. petsrme

petsrme Member

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know I got home Friday evening. I was so tired and in pain. I was counting the seconds to get home. The airline lost my luggage, but hand delivered it to my home late last night so all was good. I slept for nineteen straight hours. No one can tell me that our bodies don't know what they need. My husband and mom always say that you can't make up lost sleep, but I SURE CAN!

I just wanted to let you know I got home. Thank you for all your support. I will get back on tomorrow and catch up with all of your posts.