First post to FM board

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by meggie, Sep 14, 2003.

1. meggie

meggie New Member

Hi everyone, just reading through some of the messages on the FM board, and finding out a little more about FM. I believe that I was born with it, as, I have had stiff leg problems and sore muscles, since I was a child. Throughout the years I have had Rheumatic Fever, Glandular Fever, Inactive Thryoid, FM, Lupus and Lymphoma. Since my chemo treatment, I am in remission with the cancer and also with the Lupus. However, FM came back bigger and brighter than ever. I have learnt that Bursitis is attached to FM. I only had the pain in the hip laying on it at night, then it progressed down the leg to the ankle. I also have lumbago and sciatica. I was taking Vioxx for Bursitis, but, heard not good reports about it a while back, so, I learnt from a Health site about B12. It does work. I only take 2 tablets a day and usually have a pain free night. If I miss a few days, it returns. So, it is not a cure only a side effects free relief. If it is not one thing but another, healthwise. However, I still try to do what I normally do, to prove to my family that I am well. My husband says that I am very stubborn,but, I am not giving into any of these illnesses. Good luck to all of you, and I wish you as much comfort as you can get.
    God be with you all
    Meggie
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Grip is right, the Chit Chat Board is a great place to have a little fun, but they do get serious if necessary!

Also you are most welcome to join the Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Board also. We do have one for Lupus also.

You sound like one tough lady! I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

I have FM, and all that goes with it. But you sure have your plate full.

Again, welcome and please drop in on the other boards too.

Just go to the 'Message Boards' link at the top of this page and there is an index there, click on whatever board you would like to visit, we would be happy to have you!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. bjmoseley143

bjmoseley143 New Member

Meggie,I was reading your message and it sounds like we have alot of the same problems. I have had FM for about 12 yrs. now and it seems that something different always hurts. Right now I'm dealing with pain in my hips and legs. This is some of the worse pain I've experienced with FM. I just can't seem to find any meds. to help. I'm also diabetic and fighting a never ending weight loss battle. I recently started on Dr. Phil's weight loss program. Good luck and may God Bless you and yours!