First Post

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brock, Oct 3, 2005.

1. brock

brock New Member

Hello everyone! I have observed the message board on occasion, but figureed it was time to finally post. I'm 32 and FM has affected my life for at least the last 6 or 7 years. I wnet through a litany of tests and many doctors about 4 or 5 years ago and they came up with no logical explanation. It wasn't until I did research of my own that I finally understood that it was FM. As a result of this experience I haven't seen a doctor since, but continue to suffer through chronic pain and fatigue (among other things). It is nice to see others who share the same kind of symptoms and that I can relate to. I guess what makes me different than most on here, however, is that I am a male. I used to be physical active prior to this, but have had to remove myself from virtually all my favorite activities. While I have learned to accept things in my life, I still wish I could function and perform daily activities with much less pain.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. I'm actually supposed to be applying for a job right now but the pain is so intense that I can't concentrate, so I figured I would speak with those who know.
  2. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

welcome to the board. The people here are wonderful & their are loads of information to be found. Jump right in with any questions or whatever & don't worry about ranmbling, we all tend to do it at times.

Dee
  3. urge2soar

urge2soar New Member

I do believe there are other men on this board; you may already know which posters are male. Sorry, I have forgotten.

Are you getting any relief for your pain and fatigue? If you have been observing the board for any amount of time you know that there are doctors that do treat this DD.

Have you checked out the Good Doctor List for your area?

Also, there are many things you can do for yourself to help with the pain. At the top left is the search box; perhaps you can find a home remedy that resonates with you.

Peace*Health*Happiness*
    soaring
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

there are a few males here somewhere!!!!

You might find that you would get a proper diagnosis now Brock and then you could get some pain meds to help you.

Just a thought.

love
    Rosie
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and sorry! So sorry your pain is so bad today, but I do hope you can complete the application when it needs to be done.

There are men here...more women, but more men than I thought would be here. I'm glad you decided to join us.

Take care,
    Sue
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure hope you are feeling better soon, and that you find that job too.

You will learn a lot about FM here, and many things that can be done to help you cope and also to alleviate some of the pain/spasms, and other symptoms too.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

We do have quite a few men on the board, I am sure they will be along soon to welcome you.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. sassykat

sassykat New Member

Hi Brock, and welcome. I also am new here. In just these last few days, I've gotten so much wonderful information. It sure is nice to put a name to this thing and to know it's not all in my head. I'm glad you're here.
  8. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I hope you find as much good stuff here as I have, since I started in August. I can relate to not really participating in life in the real world. I've always been allergic to being physically active as far as exercise, but I loved to spend time with friends, entertain, write, garden and generally appreciate what's out there. Anyway, I look forward to your posts!

Francie