first reumy appt. on monday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by little, Sep 6, 2002.

1. little

little Member

I have my first appt. I have had FM for about thirty years.I was dx about four years ago.It seems like most of you go to a reumy so I thought that I would see what he could do for me.Are there any important questions that I should ask? My family doctor gives me medicine which I usually only take a couple of days before the side effects start. What else could this doctor do for me.My family doctor seems to be understanding. I would apreciate any in put. THANK-YOU. GAIL
  2. little

little Member

I have my first appt. I have had FM for about thirty years.I was dx about four years ago.It seems like most of you go to a reumy so I thought that I would see what he could do for me.Are there any important questions that I should ask? My family doctor gives me medicine which I usually only take a couple of days before the side effects start. What else could this doctor do for me.My family doctor seems to be understanding. I would apreciate any in put. THANK-YOU. GAIL
  3. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I just had my first appt with a rheumy on aug. 12. I had to answer alot of questions. this was the first time a doc told me to start from the very beginning. After his exam he said he would send his recommendations to my doc. He felt that he couldn't diagnose me without first ruling out any other possibilities. I was really disappointed. He did confirm that the pain I feel is real. But he still didn't dx me. Good luck.
    Sandy