FIRST SSI CHECK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertbreeze, Apr 6, 2007.

1. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

HI EVERYONE YES A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I RECEIVED AN AUTOMATIC CHECK FOR 1,869.00 FROM SSI. THEY SAID MY FIRST REGULAR CK WILL BE ON MAY 1. BUT IM SURE I WILL ONLY GET MAYBE 2 MORE CHECKS FROM THEM BECAUSE MY SSD CHECKS SHOULD BE COMING IN REAL SOON. AND MY MONTHLY IS OVER 1,000.00 A MONTH THAT IS WHY THE SSI WILL STOP.

I CANT BELIEVE HOW MEAN THE PEOPLE ARE THAT WORK FOR THE SSI DEPT. AND THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMIN. I THINK THEY ARE ALL RUDE AND JUST OUT RIGHT MEAN. ONE LADY SAID NO YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING IN THE MONTH OF APRIL. AND THEN BOOM I HAD THAT 1,869.00 IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT ABOUT 3 DAYS AFTER

SHE SAID I WOULDNT GET ANYTHING. I COULD DO A BETTER JOB THAN ALL OF THEM PUT TOGETHER. 3 YEARS AGO I HAD A VERY GOOD PAYING JOB AND WAS DOING GREAT UNTIL THIS DD HIT ME FROM NO WHERE. WELL ANYWAY I CANT WAIT UNTIL I GET ALL OF MY BACK PAY AND REGULAR DISABILITY CHECKS I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE SSI. BUT SURE I WILL TAKE WHAT I GET FROM THEM. WELL SORRY SL--RENE---PS IM SO HAPPY AFTER 3 LONG YEARS OF WAITING AND DOCTORS AND ALL KINDS OF TEST.
  2. nightngale

nightngale New Member

I am in the process using Allsup I will not have to deal with the SS people at all. They do it all. I am happy for you and hope the rest of us have the luck!
  3. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

It has been a long haul for you. I'm glad that things are finally coming together. It is so hard to go through this illness and worry about finances on top of that...
    I wish you the best!
    Sturg
  4. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

good for you, desertbreeze! sorry you still have to put up with stupid inadequate gov't workers, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now, and a nice little "night light" to see you through to the regular steady income!
    enjoy it--L
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Its about time huh!!??

Go on,.. take the money and run~
    :)

6. Engel

Engel New Member

Any goverment office you will find these really rude people. It is obvious we are in pain and confusion ... there is no reason for them to be total jerks. Even at the DMV they are total buttheads. I just dread this path I am heading down. At least you have the worst behind you.
  7. DellaMae

DellaMae New Member

I have been trying to get my ssdis for a very long time and I figure once the hearing was over, the money would come and I could get some medical things done, medical bills paid......but that didn't happen. The letter packet was sent out last week or the week before that one and it still hasn't reached my mail box. I have asked and asked those who are helping me. Once said they were told it was sent out on one date and the law firm said it was a later date. I feel like the Easter Bunny got it and hit it as the goose egg....I still don't have it...the judges long write up of his decisions, etc. So, I am waiting again for the letter/packet and when I get that, then it takes from 1-2 months for the money to start. I have been on this claim for 3 years, plus I filed 2 other claims earlier than this one. I stuck to it, this time. I haven't given up, yet..and glad you didn't give up. Good luck to everyone who is filing for SSDIS or have already filed and in the process of waiting and waiting..... God Bless You All.