First step antiviral treatment results--input?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Daisys, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Daisys

Daisys Member

I know I have EBV but haven't a clue about the other potential viruses. I'll be going to a doctor at the end of March who may help with that.

Meanwhile, I'm taking Oil of oregano, Olive leaf extract, TF essentials, and TF100. Also, proboost, chinese herbs that target EBV, and coconut oil. Lots of Vit. C, garlic..

Anyway, I'm also taking milk thistle and dandelion to help my liver cope with this. I take the magnesium baths often, drink lots of water, kombucha (not that I know much about it), and juice veggies almost every day.

I'm also taking the d-ribose protocol stuff for energy. My diet is very clean.

I haven't gotten any sneezy type feeling since the first day. I am tired, but can't say it's worse than before. My throat has been sore for a few days. The one result that is prominent is the area around my eyes are swollen, like I'm full of toxins.

I'm wondering if the swollen eyes are an indication of the liver being overtaxed? The doctor I'll be going to I've not met yet, so don't want to start asking questions before my first appt. I can't tell if anything good is being accomplished with all this. Is it too much or not enough?

Any input would be appreciated.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2007]
  2. Daisys

Daisys Member

Thank you for replying! I found your comments very helpful. I do have a little aloe vera in my daily smoothie, along with the endfatigue powdered vit/sup mix. I use tumeric in cooking (mainly in devilled eggs). But adding activated charcoal is something I never would've thought of.

I had just started adding the garlic yesterday so easy enough to back off. And now that I'm really gluten free, I'm not having problems getting the toxins to..a..move on out.

I have had tests by my naturopath, which shows the EBV titers, but she doesn't send to a special lab, so I doubt if she'd catch any other infection. So, I thought I'd get a start on knocking the viral levels down, before going to the new doctor. He does use antiviral meds, but I have no idea of his protocol.

Yes, I feel like I'm stabbing in the dark, so maybe I should back off a little before going in. I just thought the more I do now, the less herxing I'll have to endure when the big guns kick in.

Again, thanks for your input.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

It doesn't kill it but keeps it from growing.

It also kills H. Pylori, the bacteria that causes most ulcers.

I ate a lot of it on a business trip to Bangladesh. I had Curry spice in everything 3 meals a day for a whole week. I did feel better, this was before I was diagnosed with EBV.

It wouldn't hurt to check for toxic metals with a hair analysis as Lead and Mercury can weaken the immune system in the first place. Making easy for you to get sick on whatever comes your way.

Swollen eyes might indeed be a sign of detox. Perhaps you should detox a little slower. Also be aware of kidney pain, another sign of too quick a detox.
  4. Daisys

Daisys Member

Thank you for the info. I always am aware of how good tumeric is, but don't use it in cooking as much as I used to. Maybe I should get capsules.

I've decided to slow down, until I have the appt in late March. I'm just so ready to be cured and feel that getting the viral load down is key. But I'll be cutting back on the TF, just taking the essentials one.
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I've been looking into the protocols of Dr. Cheney and Dr. DeMeirlier. I've also read Rich Carson's amazing story and comeback after detoxing.

From what I researched, mercury, nickel, and heavy metal poisoning can interefere with RNaseL and kill the good cells. Very slow detox is recommended. These doctors don't recommend pharmaceutical detox because if one detoxes too fast, the mercury is redistributed to other organs.

Dr. Cheney encourages the use of chlorella. He tests for mercury in the stool which is the most accurate testing. One chlorella pill a day for several months increasing the dosage to 8-10 daily after a year of so. It took his patient 2 years to fully detox. If you get sicker on the chlorella, back off a bit, as you don't want to superdetox.

You can kill the viruses, but if you don't improve, it is because of this cellular toxicity. You have to address this to get better. The above docs do. It is part of their protocol.

CherylSue
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hey there!

I wish you well and will be interested to hear what you experience on your new routine.

I'm trying some natural anti-viral things as well (mainly protein digesting enzymes). I haven't had the swollen eyes.

Love,
    Forebearance
  7. Daisys

Daisys Member

I was using chlorella and ran out. I forgot to write it down, and I never remember it when I'm at the store. I was taking that with meals, and then after a couple of hours taking bentonite clay. I really need to put that back in my routine.

Interesting that it should be a long, slow, steady journey. Thank you for that input, it makes sense.
  8. Daisys

Daisys Member

I've been reading about your experience. I asked around for Virustop and can't locate it here (PNW). Is it enzymes like protase, lipase, papain? I do have some of those, and know they're different on an empty stomach as opposed to taking when eating meat.

Thank you for your encouragement! We'll lick this beast yet, won't we?
  9. Daisys

Daisys Member

Thank you for your post.

I don't have trouble with allergies that cause sneezing. I thought the sneezing was a sign that my immune system had kicked in and was fighting the EBV, since it started when I took the TF that targets it.

I've been taking milk thistle on a daily basis for years, so that's no problem, but thank you for the caution. Herbs can be powerful and shouldn't be taken without thought.
  10. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi, daisys!

Yes, I think we will lick this beast!

I found the Virastop at Whole Foods, and at a local health food store. I bet you can get it online somewhere, and maybe with a better price.

It's a blend of protease (protein-digesting) enzymes. There are hundreds of them in existence, so the specific ones they put in the blend make a difference. I've been taking regular old digestive enzymes for years and they never had the kind of effect on me that the Virastop has.

It does say to take it on an empty stomach.

My experiment so far has definitely been a slow, steady one. I try not to go so fast with treatments that it incapacitates me. That's just my personal philosophy.

Love,
    Forebearance
  11. Daisys

Daisys Member

Forebearance,
    I have a mix of protein digesting enzymes that I got because it was advertised as AV, so I wonder if it's close to what the Virustop is. I'll ask my husband to stop in at Wholefoods tomorrow anyway, because I'd rather go with a proven product.

Having dropped the TF100 a couple of days ago, I already feel better. I'm figuring it's not time yet for that one. I will keep taking the TF Essentials because that's hopefully building up my immune system rather than pushing it to work.

Dncnfngrs,
    I've never tested with real high candida, but have definitely had problems when I ate sugar. I've been just about totally off sugar for years now. I keep track of carbs too, so I don't allow too much of even fruit sugar or starch to feed any of those nasties.

Also, I'm now taking 20 billion probiotics a day.I never thought to take a lot of them until reading about it on this board.

Another help: I've been taking oil of oregano and olive leaf extract daily, and before if I stopped for a week, I'd get itchy (sorry--too much info!) but lately when I've taken a break, I don't feel any different. So, I'm hopefully in control of that nowadays.
    Thanks for bringing it up, tho, it's a good point.

Milk thistle: I'd been taking one a day for years, and just this last week decided to go with 2 a day. I guess I don't have to be conservative with that one, tho, do I?

I don't know if I have a fibrin problem. I'm reading about it here, and wondering if I should ask to be tested. I'm going to ask to be tested for various viruses if the doctor doesn't bring it up himself.

Thank you both for your help. I get so much information from this message board, it's a challenge to sort out what to do next. So, it's very beneficial to get a little feedback on what I'm doing now.

It's looking to me that this is the year the answers come, and maybe by this time next year, I'll be cured. I'm really feeling optimistic for us all!

12. sascha

sascha Member

i got the impression that it is not all that easy and accurate testing for presence of CFIDS-causing viruses. i am trying to get into the upcoming Stanford University study with Dr. Montoya where he is testing effects of anti-viral medication on CFIDS patients who have tested positive for certain viruses.

what i wanted to bring up is - the paper i was sent from Stanford said testing for presence of viruses should be done at a lab using Focus Diagnostics with the IFA metric (not that i know what that means).

i have been using coconut oil for cooking, and was putting it in blender drinks, for months now, and notice huge amount of discharge originating in my head. it has been remarkable. coconut oil has anti-viral properties and i'm wondering if it has been addressing the presence of viruses.

i can't wait to be tested. thanks for the interesting discussion- Sascha
  13. Daisys

Daisys Member

Yea! for coconut oil. I use it every day and it definitely makes a difference for me. I consider it anti-infective.

I have rosacea, inflamed facial skin, and since I started putting a little coconut oil on it every day, my face is very calmed down. It works much better than the 3 different meds my Dermatologist has tried! (I imagine it's doing the same for my insides--a real nice visual).

My PCP has found EBV titers for me, but I know she sends it to a regular lab, so who knows what really is going on. I notice some doctors start the PWC with one AV and then switch if it doesn't get results. I wonder if that is just as good an approach as trying to identify every infectious agent. I don't know the approach of the doctor I'll be going to in a little over a month, I just know he's worked with CFS/FM and has experience with AVs. So, I'm really anticipating some progress.

I sure hope you get in on the study--not only for your own benefit, but also for the input you'd have for sharing.;-D

Thanks for posting.
  14. Daisys

Daisys Member

I'm definitely putting that on my list to ask the doctor at the next appt. I'd like to know if I have a problem with it. I appreciate your suggestion.

I'm feeling pretty good the last few days. So, I think I've been herxing when taking TF 100 which targets EBV. I'm thinking I'll pulse it, maybe 1 or 2 a week, just enough to do some good, but not enough to slow me down.
  15. Beba

Beba New Member

Hi, I left a message for you earlier today but in the wrong area.
    How is Xyrem working for you now? I have been taking klonopin at night for sleep for years...it helps a little but not enough. I have very stressful/anxious dreams when I do finally sleep and wake up exhausted (I do not have much stress in daytime). I am wondering if Xyrem would help this...any thoughts/comments. I appreciate your help & input. Thanks!!