First Thanksgiving without my Mom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jillian44, Nov 22, 2006.

1. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

This is really hard you guys. This is the first Thanksgiving without my Mom. She passed away in March. I am feeling so low. My husband is not very supportive. I am having a flare and just feel like screaming! Sorry, I'm at work and just have to make till the end of the day.
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

The first is always tough. What you are feeling is perfectly natural so don't deny your feelings.
    I'm sorry that your husband doesn't 'get it'. You do need support right now.
    I hope you are able to take some time and think of the good times with your Mom. It wil get easier with time.
    In the meantime, you can always come here and vent. You know you will get support.
    Do take care and I hope you can find some comfort at Thanksgiving.

Kathy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's really hard to lose a parent and all the holidays the first year are hard to deal with.

I lost my Mom four years ago, so I know what you are going through. I talk to my Mom all the time and I try to remember all the fun times and good times. I don't think we ever get over losing our Moms but it does get a little easier with time, less raw.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  4. sueliza

sueliza New Member

I am so sorry about your mom. I also lost my mom almost 4 years ago and my dad a few years before that. The first year is the hardest and if you feel like crying do it!

I am sorry your husband isn't as supportive as you need, do you have any other family or a friend to talk to? It will make it easier.

It does get easier with every passing day, and after the first year of firsts things are a little easier.

Sue
  5. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I'll say a prayer for you; it will be hard, but you *will* get thru it.

My mom died in '98; I still miss her lots. The first year was the hardest by far.

As for your DH, men are just wired differently; in his own way, I'm sure he understands on some level. It's just that men are better at understanding men and women are better at understanding women.

There's nothing at all wrong with having a good cry either; it'll probably help you cope. I used to do a lot of crying in the shower that first year after Mommy died. My dh was pretty good while she was so sick, but once she did die, I think he almost felt like I should have gotten over it ~ she was gone, afterall, there was nothing else to do about it all. Who knows? Like I said, men are just wired differently.

Vent away here anytime you need to.

On a completely different topic ~ I just clicked on your profile (I'm 11 yrs older than you, btw.) Just how many puppies are there in that picutre?? I tried counting them but I kept getting their little bodies mixed up ~ it's along the lines of a "Where's Waldo" thing, lol. They sure are cute though. Are they mutts or pure bred? Hard to tell when they're so tiny.

love and blessings
    Mar
  6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I don't think one ever gets "over" that void that a loss of a parent brings us. Just find some comfort that she is not alone and surronded by God and his love. I hope time does help and my prayer goes to you and your family this Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
    Karen

"MY THANKSGIVING PRAYER TO YOU"

My Thanksgiving prayer
    to you from me;
    Is for love strong and true
    that you hold within thee.

A heart that beats steady
    and holds love within;
    For your brothers and sisters
    and all creatures by Him.

A soul that is worthy
    of all of His love;
    That is given to you
    from the Heavens above.

Food on your table
    that you thank the Lord for;
    Friends to surround you
    forever and more.

A house filled with love
    and the light how it shines;
    Showing all of its beauty
    till the end of time.

Kindness towards others
    for all of your days;
    To be returned I pray
    in many a way.

A good job to keep you
    and pay all your bills;
    That you spend it all wisely
    and not on the frills.

A family around you
    that is loving and true;
    That you all stand together
    for there are so few.

Children to bless you
    if that is God's will;
    To cherish and nourish
    so your life is fulfilled.

Dreams of pure beauty
    as you lay there and sleep;
    Through the peaceful night
    when darkness is deep.

An angel to guide you
    through morning and night;
    To protect you and love you
    till the end of your plight.

And last but most important
    your love for God will shine through;
    To the Heavens above
    for He's waiting for you.

Amen and God bless!

7. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

THERE ARE 13 GERMAN SHORTHAIR PUPPIES. THEY ARE ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF NOW! MOM LIVES IN THE HOUSE AND JACK AND LEXI LIVE OUTSIDE IN THE KENNEL. I LOVE ALL OF THEM. I SEE SOME OF HER OTHER PUPPIES SINCE THEY ARE CLOSE BY. THEY ALL HAVE GOOD DISPOSITIONS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! HAPPY AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
  8. misskoji

misskoji Member

HUGS, big big huge hugs to you! It's so hard dealing with the loss of a loved one, especially during the holidays. I hope you have a better day!
  9. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm SO SORRY for your loss. I can't imagine not having my Mom. One of my best friends just lost her mother a week and a half ago, unexpectedly.

I'm sorry your husband is not being supportive either. What is it with men lately? My husband just left me and moved in with another woman, and my best friend's husband was picking fights with her on the way to her Mom's funeral.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    C-mom