First Therapy Appt. Now have ??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfrazier, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Went to my first therapy appointment today. First I was lucky because he believes that Fibro is an actual physical desiese(sp). Anyways we only made it through about half of that lovely questionaire they all use and already he said that I suffer from serve depression (duh) but he also said that I match the criteria for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Without getting into all the things behind that disorder has anyone else been diagnosed with this and is this going to be a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to my hearing for SSD. Has anyone won SSD with that diagnosed too? Any imfo will be of help. Thanks. Sue
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Bumping for help
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they say most cases are won because of depression...and yes it can work for you as far as ssd goes. i would rather not have this looming depression around me nearly all of the time, but i suppose that is one of the reason i was approved for ssdi.

read my bio i have further things going on besides the fm/cfs...

disabilitysecrets.com is a great website to check out.

and do you have an attorney? they aren't going to your case if they don't truly feel you will will cause they don't get paid if you don't win....

i advise to get an attorney if you have not already...

helps take some of the stress out.

good luck jodie

4. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

To the folks at Social Security, it doesn't matter what diseases or syndromes or how much pain you have. They just want to know if you can work or not.
    And this means ANY type of work - telemarketing, typing, daycare, or digging a ditch - if there's a remote possibility that they think you can do it, they won't find you disabled.
    So you need to show how whatever illnesses you have affect your ability to do any kind of work. This includes pain, fatigue, lack of concentration, inability to focus and/or follow through with a task, etc., or even not being able to get to the job because of the above symptoms.
    Document all this and have your Doc do the same to show how your symptoms affect your life on a daily basis - this is what they want to see.
    And I wish you all the best!

Char