First Time Here: Please Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraCD, Aug 31, 2006.

1. LauraCD

LauraCD New Member

Hello Everyone

I would like to thank you a head of time for listening. I have had anxiety/depression perodically through out my life but more continuos for 4 1/2 years now. It has been a tough battle for me . At the beginning I was so sick , I never ever thought I would see the light of day never mind sitting here writing to you. I am on 3 different types of meds Effexor, Celexa, & Trazodone for sleep. They have helped a great deal and will never !! be able to go off which is fine. I have fought very hard to get to where I am today !! Ican function well but still have down days. I also experience bad anxiety out of the blue ! I call them " Zingers " as they can hit me anywhere at any time . I also have depression some days as well. Just when I think I am healthy and back on track I get blasted ! It is so much better than where I was, but it is also very hard to cope with. Lately I have been depressed and anxious .When the anxiety hits I have a real scared feeling and feel sick . I sometimes feel spaced out and have no energy at all. I am wondering if my meds need to be switched around or are they not working anymore . I am terrified of going back to where I began. I dont think I could go through that again. If anyone has any support or ideas on this , I would be very grateful to hear from you. Sorry to be so long winded !!
    Hugs
    Laura
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Anything about whether you were diagnosed with FM. Have you spoken with your phyisican lately, perhaps your meds do need to be changed. Sometimes our bodies get used to them and a switch is needed. That is what I had to do. Now with what I am taking I am feeling 100% better.

Hope this helps.
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Welcome to the board! I hope you find a lot of support here, and good info. Do you have cfs or fibro, or some mixture?

I can relate to your depression and anxiety states. I have had PTSD for most of my life, and it is very hard to deal with. I also have CFS.

I'm glad you've found some medications that help, even though they haven't completely eliminated all the emotional pain.

I can totally understand when you say you have fought very hard to get where you are today. I feel the same way about myself.

Sometimes the communicating here can help too.

Keep reaching out!

((HUGS))
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am sorry you are suffering with anxiety and depression.

Your meds could certainly be causing you to feel wiped out.

I am wondering if you also have FM as I see you take pain meds too, or whether it is mainly depression?

There is also a depression board on prohealth which may be a place to go as well. Many people with the chronic depression with anxiety seem to do well on Welbutrin SR and Paxil without the dragged down effect during the day.

Maybe you could discuss this with your provider.

Good luck.

Love Anne
  5. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

I HAVE HAD ANXIETY SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER. IT WASN'T UNTIL I WAS I MY THIRTIES THAT I GOT HELP. IT WAS HORRIBLE BEFORE THAT AND I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE. I WAS SCARED ALL OF THE TIME WHICH ONLY WORSENS THE ANXIETY. WELL I NOW TAKE LORAZAPAM 1MG THREE TIMES A DAY AND I FEEL ALMOST NORMAL. I ALSO HAVE FIBROMYALGIA AND OTHER PROBLEMS...I THINK IT ALL LEADS TO MY DEPRESSION. I DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR DEPRESSION BUT I DO THINGS THAT HELP. WATER EXERCISE, JOKING AROUND WITH MY HUSBAND AND TWO TEENAGE BOYS, ETC. I ALSO SEE A VERY GOOD WOMAN PSYCOLOGIST. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU. MY CHURCH ALSO HELPS. (VINEYARD COMMUNITY CHURCH)
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Good Morning Anne,
    Just thought I'd take the opport. to inquire about your
    Brother. Are you going to be able to talk or see him
    soon, or is it too difficult for you to make that trip
    to Canadia?? Hope he is continuing to show improvement
    and is as comfortable as possible.

"talk" later,
    MRDAD
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

We're glad that we finally found you! I know you will
    find this Board friendly and informative. The support
    is wonderful as you most likely can tell for yourself
    already!

Looking forward to "seeing" you on the Board often.
    MRDAD
  8. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

First welcome to the board. Like everyone else I'm wondering if you have fibro or cronic futige. However what you are decribing sounds like a panic attack. My girlfriend has them so that is why I recognize the symptoms. I would go to your doctor and tell him you think you are having panic attacks and describe the symptoms. I would be really surprised if he did not agree with you. It might mean you need another med more so then taking away any of your meds. Good luck and if you don't like what your doc says get a second opinion......SueF
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Laura

Are you seeing a dr. for counseling or just for meds?

I have been depressed most of my life. Meds, therapy, 12 step program, some books have helped me. (See Feeling Good by David Burns.)

All the psychiatrists I've seen have given me meds. The therapy came from pyschologists and social workers.

Keep coming back here. Lots of nice people to share stories, info, recipes, jokes, etc.
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for LauraCD....