first time here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by patientprincess, Sep 22, 2003.

1. patientprincess

patientprincess New Member

I have been diagnosed for 2 years with FM and have been going to the same doctor since. i also have TMJ and have asked him to make a referral for work on my jaw. he referred me to a dentist to have my teeth out, which they can not do because of the TMJ. he also keeps giving me the same pain meds even though i tell him they are not working. he wants me to wait until "the pain is unbearable" on the meds i am taking now. even though i tell him it is, he thinks i can stand more. how do i get through to him? he seems to believe that fibro is a real desease but treats me like he doesn't believe i am in all that much pain. should i keep working with him or try to find someone else?
    thank-you for listening. it is nice to know that there is a place to go where everyone understands that it isn't all in your head.
  2. smokingun35

smokingun35 New Member

I would definately get a New Doctors opinion, one who has a background of understanding and treating FM. Good Luck
    :)
    John
  3. nellie1953

nellie1953 New Member

I would go to new doctor as soon as possible if I were you! Hope you feel a bit better soon hugs & kisses from Min
  4. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

i would ask for some different painkillers,i went through 6 lots ,having allergies to 2 of them before i settled on tramodol,ive got to say when u are in a flare NOHTING takes the pain away,its just something we have to learn to live with.lol deb.
  5. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

You do need to keep moving on until you find a doctor that will listen and work with you. Letting a patient's pain get unbearable is neglect as far as I'm concerned. I wish you the best, and God Bless.
  6. yuppie

yuppie New Member

Hi,

I would also suggest getting another doctor, asap.

Yup