First Time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by singingirl, Nov 7, 2008.

1. singingirl

singingirl New Member

My new Rhuemy is sending me to therapy today (for the first time) Does anyone know what I should expect. He also said he is going to get me a tens unit. He started me on Ultram 100 er, and I can tell some difference with it and the Lyrica. Not a whole lot, but I will take any relief at this point :)
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

No I have never been to therapy before, but I have hear that a tens unit is really good. If you do a search I believe there is a lot of advice regarding the tens unit. I also take tramadol, which i believe is the generic version of Ultram, however, it really only helps be able to sleep better at night, but during the day it just makes me too tired.

Good luck

3. Tammy H

Tammy H New Member

I have a Tens Unit that my medicare paid for. It really helps.
  4. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Thank you for your replies. I went to therapy Friday, and they first had me do some stretching (mild because my muscles are so very tight) In fact the head of the department asked me if my fathers name was Gepetto ha ha ha. Anyway they then did the electical stimulator, I don't know what it is called, then ultrasound, then massage. They also have me scheduled for traction. The head man wanted to know if I have had injections in my muscles because they are so knotted, and I told him no. He wanted to know why and I told him because all the other doctors haven't cared. I came to this new one 1 time and he is actually doing something to try to help me.

soft hugs to all