First visit with Clinical trials dr.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurts2003, Oct 26, 2005.

1. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

I went to my first dr appt. for my clinical trials for cymbalta today. It was long (2 1/2hrs) but went really well. I still haven't got any meds yet. I will begin on them next week. They have to get all the test results back to make sure that I don't have RA or Lupus or anything else that could cause pain besides the Fibro. I was tested for all that last year and everything came out OK so I'm not expecting any different. I also have to commend the lab tech. I'm usually a very hard stick and she got it the first time and I honestly didn't feel the stick at all.

I've had some ask me why they are still doing studies on Cymbalta since they are already perscribing it. The reason for the study is to figure out what the best dosage is and to get it approved by the FDA for the treatment of Fibromyalgia. They are doing it in 31 locations with about 490 patients. There is only 16 participating at my location.
  2. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I was put on Cymbalta about 2 months ago and love it. I am out of bed more often and have not experienced as much brain fog.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE STUDY!! PIRT