Fish oil, Flax seed oil do you take it and does it help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 12, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

What kind???

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I took fish oil a few years ago. Didn't notice any effects one way or the other.

Tried it again more recently. There there was the news it might be carcenogenic
    so I just tossed mine.

Hope you can find something helpful.

3. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I take either New Chapter Wholemega or Dr. Mercola's Krill Oil and eat sardines, sometimes wild caught salmon. I also use flax seed and grind it.

I'm big into the good oil thing: coconut oil, olive oil, rice bran oil, red palm oil, organic butter, olives, avocados, raw milk, grass fed beef, seeds, nuts.

Good oils have helped me a lot--brain, joints, and as a bonus: skin, hair, nails. And they don't make me gain weight.
  4. krilloil

krilloil New Member

I prefer Mega Red krill oil or NOw krill oil
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I take Swanson brand fish oil and multiomega 3-6-9 (flax, borage and fish oil).

It's supposed to help with brain health, mood, inflammation. Low omega 3s can cause depression. I think it's good for the heart too - I just had a cardiac workup with great results, even though I haven't been able to exercise in 13 years, I'm sure in part due to taking fish oil etc. It's also supposed to help lower cholesterol levels.

I also eat ground flaxseed a couple of times a week (add to yogurt etc.)

I have read that krill oil is better than fish, but the fish is cheaper. They add vitamin e to what I take to prevent it from going rancid.

6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I started using Schiff Mega Red Krill oil capsules about 3 months ago. My dr. & I are hoping it will help to lower my cholestral.

I tried several times to take fish oil capsules and I kept getting fish burps and then was sick to my stomach for days. Even taking the coated fish oil caps didn't help.

My doctor said several of her patients were having good success with the Krill oil.

I buy my krill oil at Costco. They are $ 20.00 for 90 caps for 300 mg; and they have been in their coupon book 2 times for $ 14.99--so I have been stocking up on them.

So far I have only had one day with a little bit of burps but it went away quickly.

I go for blood tests again in June so hopefully it will be good news.

***I have taken Flax seed oil caps off & on over the past 4 years. I think they make my nose itch--that drives me nuts.***[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2012]