?? Fish oil without fish burps?? Is there such a thing???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I've been considering trying fish oil capsules again, but have bad memories of tasting fish oil for days after taking it.

Is there a fish oil product out there that REALLY and TRULY doesn't produce 'fish burps'?

I'd love to know your experiences with this. I know it's a good thing to take for arthritis and inflammation and heart health and overall health, and could help with fibro as well. BUT... my last experience was just plain awful.

So. Anyone have any info on burpless fish oil?

Thanks,
    Beth.
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Beth:
    I too had trouble with fish oil, I switched over to taking 1000mg (total) of fish, flax oil and borage. I have found the results to be the same without the problems with the fish oil retaste. The brand I use is Natrol. Hope this helps. I find you get your good omega 3/6/9s all in one.

Good luck,

Suz45
  3. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

My ND suggested keeping the capsules in the freezer, and apparently by the time they are broken down they will be far enough along in your gut that the burps won;t come back to haunt you.

I haven't tried it yet.I have a hard time digesting oils as it is (no gall bladder) and I REALLY hate the fishy burps, I have been been really put off.

I really should try though, b/c the arthritic pain is getting bad.

I saw an ad a few months ago that actually said "NO FISHY BURPS" but I can't find it and can't remember the brand name. Darn it.
  4. millennia

millennia New Member

Fisol is enteric coated to prevent fishy burp. The company claims that you always absorb the fish oil better due to the fact that they don't disolve until they're in your stomache.

Coromega is fish oil in a pudding. It's not as gross as it sounds, it's orange flavored, not fishy at all. It is a little acidic though. Really nice for people who can't or don't like to swallow pills.

Flax is good, ground flax is better than the oil which corrupts easily. But it's not the same as fish oil.
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

Great suggestions, thank you all. Now I have info to use to make a decision. From what I've been reading, fish oil is very good for us. Maybe with your advice I can actually take it.

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. pamj

pamj New Member

I LOVE Coromega! It tastes like orange creamsicle, and it's easy to eat. It's like taking a teaspoon of pudding. I actually put it into my smoothie, but I also like taking it alone.
  7. forfink

forfink New Member

I found a great fish oil, Omega 3, at KROGER it's their generic brand, great price, 1000mg per tab, an it's enteric coated. Love them, no fish taste and economical. It's my best shopping find this month!!!!No after taste or burps, thank heavens.
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Great...absolutely no fish burps. Wouldn't take others, but this subject was broached a bit ago, and someone mentioned this...

Another option...

Sue
  9. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

I can't take fish oil pills because the capsules are too big for me to swallow. I'll try to find the pudding type ones someone mentioned. (I'm on the reply page and can't see the name of it now)

Anyone know of a small capsule that is easy to swallow?

[This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

very small....no burps...sounds like I work for ProHealth, but I don't. Just think this is a good product...

Sue
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My doctor recommended GNC's: Fish Body Oils with GLA. They are cholesterol free. I never, ever, have burps or taste fish. They are large enteric coated softgels. I have an easier time swallowing them, than I do Aleve, etc.

If you do not have an GNC store in your city, or don't know of one, I believe they have a site where you can find one.

Good luck!

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  12. Coromega is the only one I know of that doesnt taste fishy it comes in little pouches and is a creamy consitency (no swallowing pills!) - is a better delivery system than pills. I usually go online to vitacost for that sort of thing (better prices) I do believe they have new flavors too.
  13. zerosb3

zerosb3 New Member

info from my doctor regarding freezing them first. But I had stopped taking them and never started back.

zerosb3
  14. toxicangel

toxicangel New Member

My doctor just recently reccomended a Liquid Fish Oil product from Carlsons, which you can get in an orange or lemon flavor. You can also get in soft gels if desired.

www.carlsonlabs.com

Wishing you the best of health. :)
  15. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have done this since I first started taking fish oil and have never had this problem. I have recommended to someone on this board before but can't seem to remember who...LOL

I read it somewhere...

I am waiting on that improvement -- with my mind -- but it would probably work better if I would remember to take the fish oil every day...

Anyway putting the capsules in the freezer really works :)

Good luck,

Karen :)
  16. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

put them in the fridge, it helps somewhat.
    sixtyslady

17. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I second the Krill oil, I buy mine on the automatic monthly delivery plan through ProHealth which is cheaper than just by the bottle. My mom gets hers from Vitacost (NSI brand) at about half the price. I get several things through the monthly plan though so it works out well for me that way and I prefer to support Prohealth.
    I couldn't take the fish oil either - fish burps for 2 days and a really really acid stomach and wound up feeling queasy, but no such problems with the Krill.

Gretchen