FIT IN THOUGHTS FIBRO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by huska, Oct 28, 2006.

1. huska

huska New Member

HI EVERYONE OR WHO EVER READ THIS...AS YOU KNOW I'M NEW ON THIS BOARD BUT I ALWAYS TRY TO READ MOST OF THE POSTS HERE.IT'S DIFICULT FOR ME TO FIT IN BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW SO MUCH, SEEMS LIKE MOST OF YOU KNOW EACHOTHER AND TO BE HONEST I FEEL LIKE AN OUTSIDER. NOT FEELLING COMFORTABLE TO POST .....AND MOST OF TEH POSTS ANSWER SOME OF MY QUESTIONS. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR PEOPLE WITH OUR KIND OF PROBLEMS.SOMETIMES IT SEEMS LIKE MY PAIN PROBLEMS ARE NOTHING COMPARE TO THE PROBLEMS MOST OF YOU HAVE.EVERY DAY I THINK THAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE PAIN MYSELF BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE ANY PAIN KILLERS DUE TO THE SIDE EFFECTS,AND i ALWAYS TRY VERY HARD TO MAKE MY LIFE AS NORMAL AS POSSIBLE. BEACUSE OF MY HUSBAND AND MY GIRLS. IT'S VERY DIFICULT TO DO THAT SPECIALLY BECAUSE I KNOW I PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR THAT : PAIN ! I CAN'T SAY NO AND I SHOULD . I RETIRED EARLY OF MY JOB AT THE BANK.THAT WAS GOOD BECAUSE I GOT SO MUCH WORSE WITH THAT, AND I GET MY PENSION EVERY MONTH AND HAVE LOTS OF MEDICAL BENEFITS.I DO MY JEWELRY AND I'M PREPARING MYSELF FOR A CHRISTMAS SALE ON THE 25TH-26TH NOVEMBER.I CAN SAY I HAVE A BUSY LIFE BUT ALWAYS PAYING THE PRICE : PAIN, DEPRESSION AND ALL THE THINGS YOU KNOW BETTER THAN ME.I'M TRIRED OF TAKING ANTI-DEPRESIVE MEDICATION.I HATE TO TAKE PILS EVERY DAY AND BE DEPENDENT ON THOSE. I COULD QUIT XANAX AFTER 6 YEARS WHICH WAS A GREAT ACHIEVMENT FOR ME. MAYBE I CAN DO BETTER.THE LAST 2 DAYS I COULDN'T WALK BECAUSE OF A HUGE PAIN IN MY LEG. I TRIED TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE, FORCING THE LEG AND THE SAD THING IS THAT KNOWONE ASKED ME, BESIDES THE WOMAN WHO'S BEEN MAKING ME MASSAGE IF I WAS FEELLING BETTER OR IF I WAS HAVING TROUBLES COOKING OR CLEANING......
    I'M SORRY FOR THIS BIG "STATMENT" BUT I WANTED TO WRITE MY FEELLING AND TELL YOU THAT'S IS VERY DIFICULT FOR ME TO FIT IN IN YOUR WONDERFULL GROUP.
    ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE.
    OLGA
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Not to worry, it can be liek the first mths at a new school when you join a new site. People are very friendly here though, and we know what you are going through too.

I know you will get asked to type in small caps and to put some spaces between paragraphs just to make things easier to read. We often have to remind new people to do this, because we get so much fog and vision problems we need all the help we can get. I'm sure you know how it is.

Jeanne
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

olga you fit in any where you want to. yousound like many of us at different stages of this DD.
    I would like you to know some people can not read long paragrafs so you need to break yours down into smaller ones .Its a problem many of us have here.

You are very much wanted and needed here so post or just read but please come back here.We all help each other and when it seems those in our life do not understand someone here will.

there are alot of different stages to this DD so everyone that has it will find they fit in weather you have just been DX or weather you have had it for years.Some people just pop in once in awhile but some are like me and stop in mostly everyday.
  4. huska

huska New Member

Thank you so much for your words.
    I'm crying can you believe that ???
    I will be your friend for sure. Funny I have cousin in Gustine CA and in Prescott AZ. I already been in both places LOVE IT!

Concerning the pharagraphes ( bad spelled i'm sure) I'll try to do better.

Love,
    Olga
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I am glad that you wrote how you feel.

This rotten Fibro condition makes all of us so isolated.

The fact that so many of us write to message boards like this shows just how lost and lonely we feel.

Some days I feel desperate for conversation with someone and yet if a friend did happen to come for a visit I would get exhausted so quickly.

So we reach out on message boards to strangers just too feel a little bit connected. Often we wonder if anyone is listening or if they think we are just weird!

Please keep posting and know that people here do understand and are feeling just as lonely. We do understand.

hugs Redwillow
  6. huska

huska New Member

I read your profile too. You have 4 dogs ! I have 3 dogs . I love dogs.
    And I've been married for 20 years . We really have somehting in comon...
    Thanks again
  7. huska

huska New Member

WHY IS THAT SO DIFICULT FOR PEOPLE CLOSE TO US TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE FEEL ? I'M NOT LIKE THAT WITH THEM !!!

FOR A LONG TIME I'VE HEARD THAT I WAS CRAZY. PAIN DPESN'T EXIST.ALL IS IN YOUR HEAD. GO MAKE AN EXAME TO YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF BEEING COMPLINING ABOUT PAIN.....ALL THOSE KINDS OF THINGS.

THAT'S SAD ! SOME PEOPLE DON'T EVEN BODER TO READ A BIT ABOUT THIS. NOT EVEN MY FAMILY...
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

bumping for Olga
  9. huska

huska New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. YOU ARE RIGHT, SOMETIMES STRANGERS UNDERSTAND US MORE THAN FAMILY OR CLOSE FRIENDS. I HAVE GOOD FRIENDS BUT IN US...
    NO, I NEVER BEEN IN SEDONA BUT I WAS IN GRAND CANYON.WHAT AN AMAZING THING ! AND CA, I LOVE IT !
    IF YOU WANT MY FRIENDSHIP I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO BE YOUR FRIEND. WE REALLY HAVE A LOT IN COMMON AND MAYBE WE CAN HELP EACHOTHER.
    I'LL KEEP THIS ONE SHORT.

LOVE,
    OLGA
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Olga:

When I was very, very new to the message board I read much but wanted to be a part of it.

I started slow and began to get answers from people whose posts I had read.

Now I feel I can share anything.

The girls (and guys) pulled me out of a bad situation one time. I mean, they are supportive all of the time but I had a little problem of self-medicating with alcohol.

Now I can talk about it and am not ashamed of it like I used to be.

The help was so valuable and I admitted to my doc what I was doing. He upped my meds and made me sign a 'contract' that he was the sole provider of my narcotic meds.

And yes, it was from this board that the help propelled me to take action.

I was shocked that so many people cared.

So, now I check in every day and feel good about it.

You sound like a wonderful person and everyone is here to help.

Count me in as one of them.

nyrofan
  11. huska

huska New Member

I WANT TO THANK YOU TOO FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND THE OTHERS WHO REPLY TO MY POST.
    WHATEVER "BUMPING" MEANS IT SOUNDS GREAT !!!!
    REMEMBER I AM FROM PORTUGAL SO MY ENGLISH VOCABULARY IS NOT 100 % LOL

LOVE,
    OLGA
  12. huska

huska New Member

Thanks.
    You know, I'm always afraid to be bodering with my problems and questions. I'm having lots of help, Thank God, and Thanks to all of you.
    I'll make an effort to fit in.....
  13. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I was thinking that you have a wonderful grasp of the English language. I wish I was as fluent as you in another language!

We would love to see some photos of your jewellery that you are making if you would like to share.

I wanted other people to read your message because I know others feel it is difficult to making friendships here at first. So I "bumped" you to the top of the message board again. Each time someone replies to anothers message it gets bumped back to the start again.

If you post a message and you don't get any answers right away then just type bump into the subject and message line and it goes back to the start again! I hope this explanation makes sense.

hugs Redwillow
  14. huska

huska New Member

No, I know what BUMP means. Thanks. Right now you are probably sleepping and my day it's starting. I'll see if I can post the picture I'm going to use for my Christmas sale.
    I really want to fit in. It's dificult I know, but I'll try.

Love,
    Olga
  15. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

Huska,
    Glad you are posting!
    I've been posting off and on for a few months now...
    I have really big mood and physical swings so sometimes
    I post for hours...sometimes not even once a week!!

But I've always received warmth from this group!!
    I have laughed out loud,cried,and copied ALOT of stuff to
    share with my family..."SEE, IT'S NOT JUST ME!!!"

I've gotten more information from this group than from anywhere...including my Doctors!!

So don't stop posting! I think you will find comfort and strength here...I have!

"warm fuzzies" to you!(warm fuzzies is my family name for
    the good warm feeling you get from things...puppies,
    sincere hugs,unexpected kindness, laughing 'til you pee your pants, the perfect temp bath, etc!!!)

16. huska

huska New Member

I can't make jewelry right now the way I used to. I would spend hours and hours until late at night making about 20 -25 necklaces each day. WOW! Right now I make 3 necklaces a couple of earrings and I have to stop. But it's still one thing to keep my mind busy . And glass fusing...I love it... Ibought books,have some friend in US that helped me by e-mail and I started by myself. I always try to find things to keep me busy, but when the pain comes.....OUCH!!!!
    Since last year I've been getting much worse. Now it affects my legs and hands a lot...plus the rest of the body.....My right arm doesn't work very well for 13 years..That's why I'm tired of Doctors, medicin that doesn't work, and people telling me that if I have fun I wouldn't have pain......I have fun, but just in my own way.and the pain is still there.
    I'm so happy you are replying to this post.

All my love to you,
    Olga
  17. hi huska,and welcome to our internet family.im fran from the uk.ive suffered with fibromyalgia and ME chronic fatigue syndrome for alot of years now.

ive been a member here for just over a year now,and its the ONLY place i visit for advice and support.i dont know people here personally but i regards them ALL as my friends.please dont feel left out.thats the illness that makes us feel like that you know.

i suffer from asthma, and anti inflamatory medication is never given to me by my doctor,as it can make asthma worse.so all i take for my pain is the occasion paracetamol tablet,but not often,as it irritates my water works.so as you can imagine,i too am suffering the pain of this illness,without regular pain medication.and yes its hard to cope at times.

i do however take one ,50mg amitripyline tablet at night,about 4 hours before i go to bed,this helps me to get some sleep.

i dont remember everyones name,as i have that foggy brain (short term memory) but i most definately will look out for you in the future,and hopefully try to ease your mind,so you will stay a member here,and not feel left out.

take care
    love fran
  18. huska

huska New Member

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. HERE I REALLY FIND PEOPLE THAT FEEL THE SAME AS I DO . IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT ALONE AND MAYBE BE ABLE TO TALK WITHOUT BEEING JUDGE.

ENGLAND ! I WANT TO GO THERE ONE DAY. IF I COULD I THINK I WOULD TRAVEL A LOT......

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME AND REPLYING.

I'M WRITTING SOME NAMES SO I WONT FORGET THEM...JUST LIKE YOU FOOGY BRAIN...I'LL WRITE YOURS TOO.

LOVE,
    OLGA
  19. bless you.you are very welcome to my support.i too am going to write your name down on a list,and keep it next to my pc,ill add more in days to come too.

im just sat here thinking,oohh what a horrible illness this is that it should take our memory from us.and i suppose,when you think about it.it could be why we feel alone.like we dont fit in anywhere,so we might stop trying to fit in.

well you and i have our list,and a reminder that when this illness makes us feel,different from the rest..which it does,i know this to be true.well we are the same as the rest,kind souls,who want to hang out with each other,in the good times,and the tough times too.we arent letting this illness isolate us here are we.take care sweetheart.

love fran
  20. lily123

lily123 New Member

Hi Huska

I am new here too. There are so many people here and so much useful information. You have friends here.

I hope you feel better.

Lily123