Five Years and Counting!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mabelanne, Feb 15, 2012.

1. mabelanne

mabelanne New Member

Hello, I'm new here and I am so happy to have found this site. I have not been diagnosed by a doctor as having CFS/F, but so much of what I am reading makes it sure sound like this is what I have. I'm so tired of feeling sick and tired. My symptoms started about five years ago. I will list what happened to me and I sure would appreciate any feedback anyone might be able to offer me. Thank you.

I felt like I was coming down with the flu, the aches and pains in every fibre of my being, nasal congestion, sore throat, fatigue. It was after a normal working day. I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning, all the symptoms were gone, I felt normal again. It was very weird.

Since that time, I have had many bouts of the same symptoms, but now it usually starts out with sinusitus and I am sick for up to a week each time. It seems to have to run it's course. It no sooner goes away and then it returns a couple of weeks later. Lots of crying because feeling so low and stressful situations really take a toll on me. Allergy season makes everything worse.
    Have had panic attacks since I was a child also.

Could this all be CFS/F? Thank you for your help!

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to.

There are several boards at this site. See the menu in the upper left hand corner. The board rules are in the opposite corner. The most active boards are the Chronic Fatigue/Fibro board and the Chit Chat board.

You may want to post on the Chronic Fatigue/Fibro board. You will probably
    get more replies. Finally there is the Research Library above which may
    also be helpful.

The Chit chat board focuses on non-medical topics like kids, music, pets, gardening, etc. Provides some social life for those of us who don't get out much.

I have had CFS for the last 30 years. My symptoms were and are: lack of energy, insomnia, brain fog and depression. These symptoms did not come and go and were not related to flu or cold symptoms. I hope you can
    find some helpful info here.

Good luck
    Rock
  3. mabelanne

mabelanne New Member

Thank you for your help Rock, it is very much appreciated.

All the best
    Mabelanne