FiveSue! How are you feeling?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Looking over the to-do list post and saw that you decided to stay home for that long trip. I am happy you made that decision. You do many other things that compensate for this trip. As you said, Jim is a big boy and he will do fine. He is supportive, and I am sure he understands!

I'm sorry you have a funeral to attend. I hope you can come home and RELAX!

I am thinking of you. Let me know how you are doing.

Love,

Kim
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm doing OK. Not great, but OK. I'm up and dressed and that's a good thing, isn't it? (-: Today it is rainy, dark and windy...and I'm now realizing the rain has started...so got my handy-dandy little full spectrum light out and sat under it for 30 minutes. We'll see how that goes.

The funeral was for a woman who has been wheelchair and bed-bound for over 20 years with MS. She was a dear lady, cheerful and kind. She was 59. I was able to rest when I got home.

I have decided I don't want the doc to mess with my meds right now. I'm tired of trying new things and having them make me sicker. I'm hanging in there right now. I have even exercised for about 15 minutes a day the last week or so. Now that's a major accomplishment for me.

So how is your ankle? How is the brusising? How is Kevin? (By the way, I also have a son named Kevin...!) You remember what you said on the To-Do post...lists wait. Hope you are better!

Think I'm going to try to finish my novel today since I really have not much to do and no one will be expecting dinner tonight! (-: You take care of yourself and tell Kevin I hope he's feeling better soon. Shingles can be VERY painful. Don't you catch them...!

Love,
    Sue

3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am glad you are home and can relax and read!

You have a son named Kevin, also? This is so freaky! Both husbands are Jim! Do you have a daughter named Elizabeth by any chance? LOL My middle name is Sue.

I am going to throw in ONE load of laundry and that is it. I cleaned floors yesterday, took Kevin to an appointment, and went to the grocery. I am tired, as is my foot!

Talk with you soon! I would love to meet up in chat!

Love,

Kim
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I do have a wonderful step-daughter named Jennifer and a daughter-in-law named Tracey and a granddaughter named Emily...but no Elizabeth. I have another son named Sean.

Yes, it is freaky, and yes, I'm glad you are taking it easy and yes, I am glad I'm not in Santa Barbara. My Jim should be getting there soon. He's been calling off and on all day. I just couldn't take all that uncertainty...plus, I sleep so badly even at home. Today it was 4 AM...who know when it will be tomorrow? It's bad right now, and I don't want to be surrounded by people and have to lie in bed when I'm wide awake. AAGH!.

I would love to chat!! We have really had a hard time getting this together, haven't we? Life just gets in the way so often. I'm pretty foot loose and fancy free for a couple days, so you select the time, and I will probably be able to get there.

So, let me know the time...HOpe you got some rest for your whole body and for you poor foot today.

Love,

Sue

5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Sue,

I have a very difficult time sleeping. Even with all of the meds I am on for the bipolar.

There is a supplement and an herb that have been heaven sent! From the ProHealth store, I use their ZMA. It took several nights but I swear it has helped me into a deeper sleep! Shirl and others swear by it.

I also use Valerian, an herb, for sleep. They trump the trazadone and anything else I use. You might want to give them some thought.

Maybe these could help you? Wouldn't it be great!?

Take care. We will chat soon. Our time difference is now three hours if I am correct.

Love,

Kim
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Dear Kim...

So you, too, have trouble sleeping. Drat! I take quite a few medications, also, and as I have depression and an anxiety disorder and FM, I take enough downers to put most into a deep sleep...but not me.

I will look at these meds you have listed. It would be wonderful to sleep. I tried Lunesta but with the rotten taste and the lack of effectiveness, I threw them out. I think you tried them, also, didn't you? I think I remember you had that awful taste, too. I still use Ambien at times, but it just never seems to work out right.

If Indiana is Eastern Time, we are three hours different. When we get a chance, we can do that. I would love to be able to e-mail you sometimes so we wouldn't have to rely on just "happening" upon each other on the board.

You have a good, restful night. I will talk with you later.

(-:
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2005]