Fivesue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaR, Jan 3, 2006.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Hope that you are doing alright today. I have been thinking about you.

I have been sitting and doing bills all day. Just trying to figure out how to pay all these medical bills. Plus...all the other bills!

I have about decided that I HAVE to try for disability. I know that it will take forever...but I need to try!
    My friends and hubby are encouraging me to do it. It is plain that I will not be able to work...with these back problems and breathing problems...plus the fibro.

I really didn't mean to get off on me...sorry!

I hope that you are doing better as each day passes. I know how you feel!

Love....MamaR

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I had been thinking about you as I hadn't seen your name as I lurked around here. Haven't been too vocal lately, but still look in to make sure everyone is still here.

I am OK. I think I am still in a state of shock. I am starting to remember things that I don't remember the details of. A call from my cousin that the only thing I can remember is that is was lenghty and she said she loved me as we signed off...I wonder what else I don't remember. But, I guess this is life...I sure loved my dad...still do and think of him in Heaven being the funny guy he is, being one of the crowd of wittnesses who is cheering us on. He now knows you, too, and he is one of your fans. He can understand the breathing trouble! I do miss him. Think so often of things I want to call and tell him...sigh. Not until Heaven.

Anyway, how is your breathing? Your neck/back? When will your surgery be? Are they concerned about your breathing problems and surgery...anathesia? How is the pain level? You are really a trooper through all of this; I'm so sorry all of this has happened to you.

I think it's a good idea to apply for disability; you certainly do fit the criteria, and yes, it seems that it takes a very long time, but you will receive a retro-check. Can't hurt to try. You are right; you can't work, period. No way! Many have gone SSID so there may be some good tips on this board.

Thank you for chasing me down. Take care of yourself and we'll be in touch again soon.

Love,
    Sue
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am glad that you are at ease about your dad. It is comforting to remember the good times. That will always be your comfort!

I have had to put all of the procedures off until I can pay for those tests. It has so far been over $11,000.00...just the MRI's, CTS, Xrays..and some blood work. The other bills haven't even arrived in mail yet!

The insurance covered all but about $700.00 (so far)...but the hospital needs a set amount and I can't even pay that as they want me to do...sure can't make more bills yet. This doesn't include the docs charges.

Anyway, the stress of worrying about it was too much. I told hubby we will wait. I have waited this long...a few more months can't hurt (but they will)...HATE that word!!

I am just taking the same pain meds and trying to trust God to get me through it. I didn't know it would cost so much.

I haven't been on much either...just too down or in pain. I check in every now and then.
    Enough complaining here :-(

Take care and see you around here.......Mari