FLAIR UPS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joisey, Aug 30, 2005.

1. joisey

joisey New Member

Everyone talks abour "flare ups." What IS a flare up and how do you feel when you are not in one? I hurt all the time and skin burns. I have severe pain in my head most of the time. How do I know the difference if I'm having "normal" fm pain or a flare up? I'm on Neurontin 600mg 2xd/Effexor 75mg/Elavil 1mg bedtime.
  2. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

I personally get worse symtoms.
    Am on a flare up and am having a rough time physically and emotionally!!!
    But I know it won't be like this all the time!!!
    Maybe tomorrow I will be feeling better or maybe not!!!
    It's a waiting and guessing DD.
    My mood goes really down when I'm feeling worse. I am feeling really sorry for myself to-day!!!
    Hope you start feeling some relief from your DD soon.
    BIG HUG, LOL.
    Sandra
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi, I am in one big time right now. Every fiber in my body hurts. My skin hurts but not bruised. My uveitis (eye disease) is active and my IBS is giving me fits..

What set it off is my kid cutting again. So self-destructive....

I am always in some degree of pain, but a flare up to me is when all my symptoms rear their ugly heads at once.

Thank God for my husband, I know I come on here and complain about the man, but he took the kids to the orthodontist cause I was just too sick to do it.

Tomorrow I am going to spend all day in bed.

(((((Hugs))))) to you
    Michelle
  4. danaroo

danaroo New Member

I wake up way more exhausted, bone tired is the only way to describe it. My muscles are sore like i worked out really hard. And my temper is frayed to say the least. I scream at the drop of a hat. Truly it's bad.