Flare after common cold or illness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peg2635, Dec 28, 2006.

1. peg2635

peg2635 New Member

Does anyone else notice a drastic fibro flare after an illness? I was doing so well for about a year now. Thought I would never get as bad as I had been in the past. Recently I had a cold/sore throat and I immediately got back the fibro symptoms with a vengence. Thought it would pass when the illness did but it's hanging on for weeks so far. I haven't felt this bad in years. Any thoughts?
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Peg,

My experience is that after any kind of stress (physical illness, emotional stress, lack of sleep, over-doing it, etc.) my body will respond with a flare. For this reason, I work very hard to keep myself on an even keel but of course, that's not always possible.

Although I can anticipate and, to a certain degree, avoid the onset of a stress-induced flare, there are times when the flares seem to come out of the sky - that is to say they don't appear to be linked to stress of any kind.

I'm so sorry to hear you're in the midst of a bad flare. I hope it eases up soon.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I just posted on an above post about this very thing.

After a cold I seems to get echos for 2-3 weeks.

It just seems so weird to me. Because I know the cold is over but have the feeling that it isn't.

Wren
  4. itreeit

itreeit New Member

I was just having a little pity party about feeling so gnarly- Just recovered from a cold and feel lousier now than i did with the cold! What a vicious circle!!!!
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    This is my first time posting~~~~~