Flare and intercourse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kryssie, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I hope this isnt inappropriate to post, but I think we are all adults here and at one point or time we have had intercourse in our lives. LOL!
    Does having sex throw anyone else into flare? I am constantly tracking what I do, what I eat.. and seeing how I feel over the next several days.
    I seem to have went into flare for several days after intercourse, almost every single time.

Anyone else in this boat?
    TIA
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've not had this problem, but considering that the general topic of sex is being discussed on the board at this time, I'm bumping your comment up to the top.

That's such an unhappy symptom!
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

THAT DONT HAPPEN TO OFTEN BUT WHEN I DO IM DONE FOR A MONTH
  4. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

But I think the combo of my fatigue, meds,AND my HUSBAND is also tired from all the slack he takes up with the boys, the house...

We are just so pooped out...When I have been better, then I don't see a connection with intercourse and flaring.

We still try to snuggle up at the end of the night, to watch some TV...

It's just a season in our lives...Still we both miss that kind of intimacy...It will happen again : )

Suz
  5. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I would never be able to tolerate any sexual activity even if it were available. That would make me quite sick for several days, maybe longer. Marie
  6. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Yes, I know what you mean. For me I believe that the nerves in my lower back, gut and female areas are causing it. I also always get herpes breakouts -- anyone in that boat?
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I USUALLY HAVE TO GO VISIT THE OLD CHIROPRACTOR AND HAVE MY HIPS ADJUSTED!!!! NEARLY EVERYTIME.

KRIKET
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Flare ups from intercourse??

Sex, I put off having it as long as I can.My husband God bless him,is patient with me.Waits untill I make the move.

It is sooo painfull that I honestly dread the thought of it.

Why he stays with me; I dont know!!!!!

Jordane
  9. risinforce

risinforce New Member

It happens to me everytime. Sucks too. I usually go to my meds after intimacy and then lay down because I know what's coming. sometimes it hits me the next day sometimes right away. It is very upsetting to my boyfriend because he blames himself for the pain. I try to explain but it never works. This has caused some issues between us but he seems to be dedicated to me regardless.

I have a sexual appetite too so even if I'm really wanting to be intimate, a debate occurs because of the result. My mato is "Enjoy life to the fullest the best you can. Sometimes if doing something causes you pain you have to ask yourself if it is worth it. I have found that some things in life are too hard to give up regardless of the result" This is one of them.

Good luck and gentle hugs,
    Shawn
  10. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

I have a similar problem. For myself, I don't think it is the act of intercouse, but rather a flare up caused from I know that my adrenals glands are not working right and I have a day to day problem with anxiety. I also do not handle any additional adrenolene release very well (ie: simple things like the door bell ringing tend to startle me and leave me shaky more than they used to). Although I have no medical data to prove it, I am wondering if the adrenal glands are pumping out more adrenaline than normal after and that is why I feel bad for 24 hours following. Thanks for bringing this topic up as I was wondering if I was alone on this one. I am going to talk to my doctor about it next time I go and see what she has to say.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2007]
    (Edited to comply with site rules)
  11. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

Wow! I thought it was all in my head! I hate having intercourse- only because afterwards I feel awful. The next day I can hardly get out of bed because my body will hurt so bad. I will ache from my head to my toes.

Thanks for your post! Now I know it's not just me.