Flare Finally Loosening Its Grip

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank God, my flare is starting to improve, just in time for my older daughter's and her husband's visit Thurs. through the weekend. I just hope the weather holds up; it's supposed to rain. It's been beautiful down here, but I digress. I think I was a little weak from going off the Doxy and should not have tried to ride my bike. I'm now cutting the Doxy in half for two weeks and then another two weeks of every other day. Jelly came up with this great idea to wean off the ABX instead of just going cold turkey. I think that's dangerous, so I'm grateful for the suggestion. We simply have no info on this yet to help us smooth the way.

I could swear the ENADA is really helping my cognitive problems, at least my memory problems. I'm not having nearly the memory loss and I've been studying for my continuing education hours to keep my insurance license. I haven't had such a hard time concentrating. Just hope I can remember things when I take the test. I'm also taking the coral calcium, so that could be helping too.

So, y'all who are flaring, remember what goes up comes down. Flares don't last forever. We just have to find ways to cope while they are going on. I was so weak a couple of day ago, I could not pull the knob out on the washer to do a load of laundry. I had to get pliars and use both hands.

As my therapist told me, "It's all in how you glide through the madness!"

Love, Mikie
  2. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Mikie,
    Glad your flare is better. I love your posts cause you always have loads of info in them. Coming down is so much better than going up. Have fun with your daughter and her hubby.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

I hope you continue to improve as the week passes, however, it sounds as though you have alot on your plate coming up, so please remember not to overdo. I know you must be pleased to have your daughter & and her husband come to visit, but things don't have to be perfect. I'm sure your daughter understands.

The Enada worked like a Miracle for me. The longer I took it, the more benefits I derived from it. For the first time in decades I had this foreign thing called "energy", and my memory and concentration improved greatly. It also did away with that sense of doom & gloom that hung over my head like a constant companion. I found I laughed easier, had a more heightened mood and a more positive mental attitude.

"Good Luck" on taking your licensing test. I know I have to keep up my yearly continuing education hours in order to maintain my therapist license.

So, take care and remember not to take advantage of yourself as the flare lifts, and you begin to feel better. We all love and care for you, Carol....
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

Mikie! Hope you continue to feel better. Enjoy your visit with your daughter and soninlaw.

Karen
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate all your good wishes and the info on how well the ENADA has worked for you, Carol.

As my health improves overall, my flares are greatly diminished in length and severity. I just don't always use good sense when it comes to my activities.

I'm not overdoing getting ready for the kids. We're a layed-back family. I may not be here much over the weekend, so y'all have a good one and take care.

Love, Mikie
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I hope this visit really goes well and gives you a good emotional boost.
    Family can be stressful but it can
    also be a God send. Enjoy every minute! Hugs, Bambi
  7. KimAB

KimAB New Member

I *like* that ! :) I haven't had that one but I was finding it really hard to lift the frying pan. It occured to me that I can hold the spatula and 'flip' the food out onto the plate...

A good attitude DOES help a lot.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It definitely was a flare and not a Herx. I think trying to ride my bike at a time when I've gone through so many changes in the ABX was not a good move. I really appreciate your advice on tapering off the Doxy. I think that will make a big difference.

BTW, has anyone ever been able to go off the ABX for an extended period of time only to have to go back on them later? Just wondering.

Love, Mikie
  9. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi mikie:
    It's nice to hear that someone is getting better. What a nice feeling. I'm in a major flare now, and it's kinda depressing. I was looking forward to going to choir practice for the Easter musical, but feel too rotten to go.
    It's the pits. My flares are lasting longer and the good days are few and far between.
    Anyway, it's nice to know you are doing better and going to have a great weekend.
    Hope you continue to feel better.
    hugs, Sue