Flare??? HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Apr 20, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

What does a flare feel like? What causes a flare? I think I may be in one.

The last two weekends have been stressful...fun, but stressful. My church had a Passion Play and I was in the tech crew. I ran the light board...over 120 cues, and I had to time them to the music. We had five shows. Then this week I haven't had any down time. Grocery shopping Monday; Mom toplay piano at the Senior Center, then Bunco on Tuesday; Doctor's appointments on Wednesday and Thursday (today). I hurt so bad I can't relax. Nothing seems to help. I'm so exhausted I had to drag a stool into the bathroom to put on my make-up. Couldn't take a shower...couldn't stand up that long. Someone please help!
  2. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

That sounds like a good old flare to me.

I think we overdo things and it is our body's way of making us slow down. When I flare like that I just ride it out try to rest and let my body heal.

A typical flare for me is extreme fatigue, thinking hurts.. my joints get even more painful than they normally are, I get restless legs where I cannot get comfy, I hurt like crazy even when I lie down, there is no comfortable position. Then there's the fog..

It can be frightening because you think you are going to stay like that forever but believe me it will go in it's own time and the more you rest up the quicker it goes.

Hugs
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

This is the worst I've felt in a long time. Hopefully resting and eating right will help.
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Do not, repeat, do not do what I use to do. Do not push through a flare. In other words, don't force yourself to do things that are difficult right now.

To answer your question, a flare feels pretty much the way you described how you feel now. A flare can be caused by working too much, having too much stress, being sick (i.e. the flu or bronchitis), etc.

The best way to get through a flare is to rest, rest, rest, eat healthy foods, drink hot tea and lots of pure water, take good care of yourself.

Lolalee
  5. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

Yep, you are definately having a flare. I agree with something someone else posted earlier, don't try to push yourself too hard through a flare. Sometimes that can make it worse and can sometimes prolong it. Get as much rest as you can, even if you have to take a day off from work, do it. Give your body a chance to get through this. I really hope you feel better very soon.

Tanya