Flare hitting w/a bang

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starla06, Apr 11, 2006.

1. starla06

starla06 New Member

I have not been here in awhile except to read as i have been doing pretty fair. I have been taking Ambrotose & it has helped me a lot but low & behold nothing is forever.

As we all know some of us gain weight with the FM & i am no exception so i have been trying to each better & exercise daily. Got an exercise ball for my BD I just love it. Also been trying to do other exercises as well & yep you guessed it I have over done it & yesterday ^& today the flare up is a mess. Guess it could be worse but it was so much better when the pain & fatigue was not as bad. It never goes away 100% but it was tolerable(SP)

Just needed to vent. I am sure all will be better soon. I actually had to get my ultram refilled for the first time in several months. Of course maybe some of it is the weather. We have finally had some rain & the pollen is a mess.

Thanks for listening. Hope all has a good day.

Lea Ann
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

As I'm sure you realize now, you really have to go slowly when you start exercising or you will probably have a flare-up. I read an article that said you should start out at five minutes and work up from there. I know it's hard to stop after five minutes (we all have a tendency to overdue), but it's the best way to ease back into exercising. I've never used an exercise ball, but I'm sure it's good exercise.

Weather can definitely be a killer. I really hate the rainy, damp days. Really makes me ache.

Hope you're doing better soon.

Ellen
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lea Ann:
    Since you have been doing so well, this might just be a temporary setback that some rest and Ultram will take care.
    I hope so. Feel better soon!

NyroFan
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

jUST tried to write flares three times and gave up.(LOL)

I hate flares I hate them. Period.

Sorry you are flaring. I too wasstaring to feel greta then wham, back down the slope today.

Be careful exercising too much. I did pilates class that set me off for weeks. I try and walk 2 miles a day and do stretching.

Love Anne C
  5. Katee32

Katee32 New Member

I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing for you and soon you'll be back to having less pain and fatigue.

Hang in there

Kate