FLARE PLEASE REPLY!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gkrrt, Feb 3, 2006.

1. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

What causes sudden flares.... One second I can be fine and then it will hit me like a ton of bricks... My hip and neck and legs and now my IBS and IC are wanting to kick in too... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  2. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

Thank you for replying I am new here and have alot of questions. I am 42 and it all seems to be getting worse rather than better, I have IC and Fibro and IBS.... the weather is changing here its getting colder and it is damp maybe that is what it is. Also not sleeping well again, I take surguil (spelling) it was working great but this last week not so good....
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. I am the same way. I'll go along fine for awhile, then all of a sudden, its like the damn breaks loose.

Hang in there.
  4. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

It is the oddest thing about this DD, I can never know when I am going to have a flare. I sympithize (sp?) with you because I know how horrible and sudden these flares can come. I went to work one day last month feeling ok, and by time the afternoon came I was all of a sudden in a bad flare in my legs. Did I overdo it? NO, Did I do anything different that day than any other day? NOthing that stands out to me, so believe me I understand how sudden this happens. Some people here know when they are about to get a flare, but other like you and I have no idea. I recommend taking it easy, relaxing and stay warm during these flares, I rarely get to take hot baths, but I do relax with my heating pad in my bed with a flare. Sometimes one day I will have a flare, the next day be fine, and then after feeling fine, the next day I will be in another flare. It is enough to drive you crazy. Hope this helps!
    KJH_10
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

it is true that flares can come on without our really knowing why. Stress is a big factor, even positive stress. There is an excellent article on the Home page about pre-emptive rest which I think is very helpful. Also doing meditation and relaxation can help a lot over the long term, along with, of course, our medications and therapies.

Sometime we just need our pain meds and lots of rest.

Welcome to the board.

Kathy.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

hopefully just getting through the latest. DH says I get flares every November. Thinks pressure(air) may have something to do with it or temps(either colder or hotter). It could be thaqt there are times of the year when we push ourselves too hard-like Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas-I also have a slew of birthdays, including my own inNovember. One strange thing, as far back as I can recall I was always sick around my birthday, even as a kid. So maybe our bodies are sort or programmed to have a set time when immune system is not working right. I mentioned this to a couple of firends who also reported they recall being sick same months throughout their lives too. We are part of nature and the "clock", so maybe the flares just are coresponding?

I am trying the guai which was doing OK but I went off it when I got severe migraine, so I am gouing back on with a different protocol. Hope you feel better soon.
    Love Anne
  7. Yes thats how fibro works, you can be fine one day then BAM! Overdoing it, stress, weather change are some things that bring flares on for me. Good luck , I hope you feel better soon.
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

gkrrt:
    My last flare came on suddenly. I was being harrassed by someone and I tensed up so bad it hit me hard and fast.
    Woe is me: had it for days. I stayed on the heating pad almost twenty four hours and relaxed as much a possible.
    Like Msmoody: I also prayed.
    Rest now and take it easy. Let it take it's course and it will eventually pass if you take good care of it now.
    I wish I could give you big...
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I go into flares from doing stupid physical things, like keeping my head turned all the way left or right will put me in a flare. Carrying something heavy will do it. Carrying anything heavy in my hands will cause a flare. Holding something a certain way will also cause flares for me, so I really have to be careful.

The winter is worse for me too. Anytime the temps are 70 or over I feel better. But be it 30 or 60, and I'm hurting worse.

I have IBS-D that drives me crazy but I can go to IBS-C too. I just have an overactive bladder, not IC, thankfully. Hope you will feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, flares can come out of the blue but sometimes, one can see patterns which give a hint to what may cause them. It may be activity, diet, stress--anything. Keep close tabs on these things and any exposure to triggering events. Be sure to write down how you feel about anything which comes up. Good luck.

Love, Mikie