Flare up from HELL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dragon06, Aug 20, 2006.

1. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

HI there

I don't post here too often but I really need to vent right now. I am in a horrible flare up (I think the worst I've ever had)...the pain is about an 8.5-9 on a scale of 1-10 and it has been for just over a week.

I can't do anything, I can barely get out of bed, thank god for my laptop!

I know basically why I am in flare up but still I don't have to like it.

I had gone away for a vacation which included some camping...we made sure to buy a lot of extra equipment to make camping easier on me. The week was good with only really one bad day.

On the return home I was expecting a few days of being stuck in bed in pain and catching up on sleep. I had planned for a week or so of recouperation.

Problem is that each day I rested the worse I felt. I kept getting more pain and fatigue and there seemed to be no reason for it.

During this time our Carbon Monoxide alarm went off so I called the gas company, they came out but said the CO levels were not dangerous and maybe try a new alarm. So I did, I bought the top of the line alarm with the little digital readout and everything. The day after I put up the new alarm it starts going off again. I called the gas company again and they sent someone else out. This time they got dangerous readings all over the building.

They evacuated us for a couple hours (me standing on the sidewalk with my roommate and dogs) while the CO cleared from the building and then tried to figure out the problem. They stopped the gas from going to the faulty boilers and advised the landlord to fix them.

While this was going on I told the workman that I had this condition (FM) and I was wondering if being in the low levels of CO for the week could have been making my condition worse. He said absolutely that's probably why I was feeling more pain and fatigue. Great!

Well at least I knew the reason now. So now I am trying to recover from the vacation and the extra the CO problem caused. The CO problem put in to such a flare up I don't even know what to do with myself.

I am trying to get in to my doc on Tues and hopefully that will help or at least I can get my pescriptions renewed.

Well thanks for letting me vent! I am in so much pain all I want to do is scream but I thought writing here would be better so that is what I did.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2006]
  2. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I am just comming out of a flare up from hell also. The reason isn't quite exciting as yours. At least you got to go on a vacation. I didn't get to go on one. It sucks you got sick though. I hope you feel better!!!!!!!!!
  3. sleepwalk

sleepwalk New Member

Flares suck! I'm coming out of one now (I hope) that kept me from leaving the house for weeks.

I'm glad you found the cause of your flare. Good for you for pursuing the problem.

Hope things start improving for you now. Hang in there!
  4. Line

Line New Member

That is what really gets me down about this dd, you go and do something for enjoyment and end up in a flare. We went to Mytrle Beach last year for a week, I was fine there, not pain free, but had a nice time. Came home and was in so much pain for almost two weeks I did not know how to move.

Feel better real soon.I am glad you had the chance to do something you enjoy, sorry about your flare.

Hugs, Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2006]
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I saw your post on another thread saying you have no friends on this board.

I have never ran across any of your posts before. I always notice the Lindas because that is my name.

I am sorry you feel this way. If you start a thread make the title catchy enough for more people to see it.

We are all in this together and we are all a bunch of friends on here. Don't feel that way.

Your friend,

Linda
  6. caperkat

caperkat New Member

((((Dragon)))))

and yes, thankgoodness for laptops... I just got one for the same reason.

kat
  7. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Oh my, do I understand. Prayers going out to all of you. (Sometimes that even hurts because of the brain fog.)
    God bless, Julie