Flare up question? Suggestions to reduce the pain after it strike

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foodisyummy, Mar 16, 2006.

1. foodisyummy

foodisyummy New Member

Hi all :)

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I was wondering if I could ask you a question?

Does anyone else get the flare up like this: the tender points (for me especially the bottom of my feet, upper neck/back, arms) get especially tender, feel like they're jammed up (literally), and muscles all of a sudden become crunchy, knotted, and really hard while my body is sapped of energy and feels like it's weighed down with concrete. Literally, the muscles, especially in the trapezius area, crunch underneath your fingers. Your feet, legs, have vibrating sensations like a cell phone is vibrating. You break out into a cold sweat. The pain may make your body feel like its on fire. On top of that, there's fibrofog and blurry vision, where it seems like you're looking through saran wrap. Your frame of vision may shift and shake. Your eyes feel like they've been open for a thousand years.

I feel like when I get in this state, all I can do is lie down. Because it strikes so unexpectedly, and often at inopportune moments, I was wondering if there were any suggestions to mitigate it once it strikes?

Thanks! God bless..!
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I flare but not like you do. Mine is in my low back and my knees. And I get so so tired that I have to lay down and sleep because I can't see straight and my eye's don't want to stay open. So I sleep . I hope that you will get feeling better soon and take care , rest all you can, and know that you are in my prayers.
    Take care,
    Rosemarie