Flare ups/venting/prayer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bronzee, Jan 25, 2007.

1. bronzee

bronzee New Member

Gurls, I haven't had flare up this bad in years. Yesterday i was vomiting all over the place and having bad cramps like early labor pains. At lst I thought i was just plain
    digestion acid problem. I was trying to sit on the toliet and vomiting at the same time. Finally i had my hubby to take me to the dr. She said it was a flare up. I told her it caught me off gard. She gave me a shot for pain i can't spell the word..metrodinze, and i had to take acid reflux meds and dicyclomine(bentyl mova}
    I feel a little better it knock most of the pain out but i couldn't hold food down and vomitting at least l0 times.

Most of my flare ups wasnt this bad. Have any of u had this problems. ??

I mess up all my pjs..i was trying to aim for the trash can to vomit and it came out so fast shooting it spilled all over my clothes the rugs. I think i scard my husband he was waitng on me then putting up these and fixing me tea etc.

I am still sore and have adominal pain. Dr put me on a blain diet, chicken noodle soup, jello, bananaa, gatorade, and vernor. She said I didn't feel any better today, that they would admit me to the hospital and i sure don't want that.

Please pray for me.

I going back to bed.
    Bee blessed.
  2. wannaretire

wannaretire New Member

Bronzee I never made the connection until now but I was eleven when I was hospitalized for the projectile vomiting and diarrhea all at same time then I was passing out cold face forward on the floor!The diagnosis? Syncope/unexplained
    I kidd you not. I was in my mid 30's before my hyperthyroidism went hypo and they annouced I was profoundly autoimmune (hashimoto's) hypothyroid and worthy of treatment with the magic thyroid hormone pill --- just one pill a day and they announced me cured !! I'm now near 50 and my entire life, livelihood and social life has been derailed. Unfortunately, neither my sucky job, nor, doctors seem to believe I'm in distress because I have held full or part time jobs whenever I wasn't being fired/laid off because of FLARE UPS. Guess the fear of homelessness, hunger,etc. motivated me, huh ? SSA denied me twice. The gov doc said if I could stand & balance I could work, period. So I used my 401k prematurely, got penalized with interest added to it. Bought a used car to help me get to work when it was really difficult to walk. A drunken ret. policeman hit me head on 5 years later. Nary a ticket did he receive from the PG Cty MD officer answering the call.
    I would drive my off a bridge but I can't afford a car. Perhaps, I should've walked into the path of a speeding truck walking the alabama highways to and from work these last 3 years. Not to worry! My boss wants to fire me for using 3 sick days these past 3 wks, so guess I want be getting my 3 miles in daily walking to a job I'm obviously not motivated to keep cause my many symptoms sometimes cause me to be late or use accrued sick leave. I'm down but not out. Just venting A LOT. So yeah Bronzee I feel your pain from the acid digestion boiling to the fainting. Which Ilater was told was textbook panic disorder with organic brain disorder by my therapist. I lived but only marginally after all these years.
  3. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

I get the 2 conditions you talk about together too at times. What happens to me alot then too is my legs go to sleep and are numb and I try to stand up and walk and I can hardly do it!

I was just told I had IBS today though I never get the cramps like my sister does nor do I have to race to the bathroom. I guess I have to research it more. I used to get constipated but since eating better and drinking more water that part is fine.

I'm sending you tons and tons of prayers!! Let me know how you are doing when you wake up tomorrow morning.
  4. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Hi There,
    I don't have alot of advice for CFS flares but if you are vomiting that much you should really go back to the doctor and let him check you to see if you are dehydrated. This happens when someone vomits alot. He may want to give you an IV to replace the fluids. Also, when you are there maybe he can find out the cause of your problems. I will be praying for you!
    God Bless,
    Bobby
  5. bronzee

bronzee New Member

Gurls, I am feeling a little better each day. My stomach muscles are still sore and i easily walk around the house. I know the feeling of can't keep a job because attacks flare up is like hell. I have tried ssi 3 times and my friends say u should try and and get an attorney..well i have been there and done that. My rhemy dr won't even give me a handicap sticker in the wintertime is worse. Dr said it was acid reflux and ibs flare ups. She said if the pain gets worse that she would admit me to the hospital and give me fluids and cat scan. I don't kow where all that dark greyish stuff came from that i was bringing up..it must have been at least 2 gallons. {yuck}..I had just had citrate of magnesuim a week before all this activities..i didnt think all that crap was in me..it was all fluids. Except for the hot dogs and chips.

Thank you gurls for the prayers..i really need it. I been wanting to go to work but, everytime i do..i spend alot of time in the bathroom and absent from work and companies dont even want us working for them.

I am bless to have a husband to just work. He doesn't understand the flares ups..i have given him books to read but he just don't understand and the fibor either. He trys to purchase things for me and help out if he can and thats a blessings alone.

Bee blessed.
  6. bronzee

bronzee New Member

Gurls, I am feeling a little better each day. My stomach muscles are still sore and i easily walk around the house. I know the feeling of can't keep a job because attacks flare up is like hell. I have tried ssi 3 times and my friends say u should try and and get an attorney..well i have been there and done that. My rhemy dr won't even give me a handicap sticker in the wintertime is worse. Dr said it was acid reflux and ibs flare ups. She said if the pain gets worse that she would admit me to the hospital and give me fluids and cat scan. I don't kow where all that dark greyish stuff came from that i was bringing up..it must have been at least 2 gallons. {yuck}..I had just had citrate of magnesuim a week before all this activities..i didnt think all that crap was in me..it was all fluids. Except for the hot dogs and chips.

Thank you gurls for the prayers..i really need it. I been wanting to go to work but, everytime i do..i spend alot of time in the bathroom and absent from work and companies dont even want us working for them.

I am bless to have a husband to just work. He doesn't understand the flares ups..i have given him books to read but he just don't understand and the fibor either. He trys to purchase things for me and help out if he can and thats a blessings alone.

Bee blessed.
  7. buffyr

buffyr New Member

I'm praying for you. I'm going thru a bad flare right now too, so I know how you feel. Keep your chin up!!!-Buffy
  8. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

I could've written your post word for word. I'm never feel well, really - but add in this vomiting stuff - and I'm about over the edge. I'm so sore from throwing up that I can hardly move. Every day, I feel a little (and I mean..a LITTLE) bit better...I pray the same for you.

I agree re: dehydration - IV fluids often help me feel better. Haven't gone in for them this time... But watch yourself for dehydration.

I'm doing the bland diet too - plain rice, lots of gatorade, jello, etc. I'll be happy to eat normally one day soon!

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing :) Feel better!! -Tina
  9. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Hope you feel better, too :) Love, Tina
  10. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hi Bronzee,

I am so sorry about your bad pain flare!!! How horrible.
    I hope you are on your road to recovery & Your meds work.

I will be praying for you...

love your friend,
    Dawn aka fungirl
  11. bronzee

bronzee New Member

Tina, how long were you sore. This happen Tuesday early 4am. I am still sore and can barely move around??? I feel better and better , but this time. iam was whip really good..this pain. Today I just kinda sit around and watch movies. I am not doing hard work around the house now, cause my body reminds me not to..i am losing weight ..now that one good thing i have been tryin to do..with this blend diet. I can actually feel the food when it reach the sore parts of my stomach..its very tender.

Thanks gurls for your prayers..I need all I can get.

Sweet blessings to you.