Flare ups

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cstout, Oct 4, 2005.

1. cstout

cstout New Member

Hello I am new and have a question ,I have overall pain and fatigue,but I also have isolated flare ups mostly in my shoulder and hip. Also when the shoulder flares up I get pins and needles in my fingers.Anyone else have this? Thanks all.
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Hi, I am fairly new too, and yes I get flare ups and have alot of right shoulder pain and pins and needles in my fingers. I type for a living so for a long time I thought it was from that and carpal tunnel. But according to the doctor it is from the fibro.
  3. cstout

cstout New Member

Thanks for the input you know you start to think your crazy after awhile wondering if you are the only one going through this stuff.
  4. spmary

spmary New Member

Hi and welcome...I have had cfids for about 13 years and never had much fibro. Thought I was just lucky. But about 2 weeks ago I had fibro pain all over. Kept my heating pad busy! I haver had such pain. I took my ultram as directed every 7 to 8 hrs. It helps. I seem to be coming out of it now. don't know how long these esposodes last or return, but I call them crashes instead of flares because it feels like I crashed into a mack truck. Hot baths help too. And I have become one with the heating pad.Most of my pain seemd to be on the right side of the body, but other side too sometimes. I wonder if this will return now on a regular basis. Any one out there have an opinion?
  5. spasco

spasco New Member

Yes, I get it alot. I thought it was just the Fm, but it turned out on my nerve conduction test to be carpal tunnel. Maybe you should ask your dr for a nerve conduction study to be sure.

God bless! Stephanie
  6. cstout

cstout New Member

I had all the nerve test when the Doc was trying to rule all the other things out such as MS and carple tunnel etc.Three years ago I think I had everytest under the sun.All came back ok (thankfully).Thats when they settled on FM.