FLARE!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blkkat, Sep 23, 2005.

1. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi! can anyone tell me, am i the only one that is always in a FLARE? i read the posts here and it seems if i'm understanding it right is one feels pretty BAD most of the time and then comes a FLARE that lasts from days to weeks to months. will i ever come OUT of this FLARE? i'm not kidding i'm in so much pain!! its been at a 10 on the old pain scale since this all started last oct. 04. i cant sit,stand,walk,sleep shop,cook,clean, drive! my legs go numb,buzz,hurt,tingle,sharp stabbing pain 24/7 my low & mid. back burns so bad! my neck hurts i cant sleep! my arms go numb/tingle shooting pain & when i wake up my legs& arms are totally numb and hurt. plus i feel like i have the flu everyday no lie!!! ive had MRI'S to rule out MS. i've tried methadone/morphine and they make me so sick!! im on oxycodone/neurontin but only makes it i guess livable if you can call it that! anyway so sorry i guess i needed to vent!!! plus ive been sick on top of the reg. sick!! just really need to know am i alone? i dont seem to get any relief! like i said before i'm sorry but i dont have anyone to talk to and i mean anyone to talk to! i'm 42 female married 2 teenagers that love me but they dont and i guess cant understand! well goodnight thanks for listening,GOD BLESS! HUGS! BLKKAT p.s do i sound nuts?
  2. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

and no, you don't sound nuts. And you certainly are not alone. I have everything you have described and have felt this way for months. This recent flare started in January, and doesn't look like going away any time soon. My doctor put me on Cesamet, they didn't help and gave me really bad side affects. Now am on Flexeril and that doesn't seem to be helping me either, just giving me really bad headaches.

Like you I don't really have anyone to talk to either, hubby is away working in the Middle East and has been since end of June, and won't be back until Christmas! and my three kids are great, but young adults! And friends just don't understand sadly.

gentle hugs
    brit

3. Grailgoddess

Grailgoddess New Member

I could bore you to tears with the flares I thought would never leave - (but did) - and the ones I KNEW couldn't possibly get worse, but did, before they left But, the good news is that they do go, eventually.

Like you, I had flares that lasted over a year each, and pretty much immobilized me, or worse. Like you both, the pain meds weren't hackin' it. (I was sure I was dying - then hoping I was. Neither was true).

The two things which worked best for me was going ultra-low carbs (<20 gms at least until the symptoms lessened), and -worse than dying, I was sure - quitting the Diet Coke.

I don't know if those were 'secret weapons' or coincidences, 100%. I got a bad flare up over a week ago, w/o Diet Coke & carb happy diet.

Best of healing to you! Much support & empathy!
    Bless ~
    Hugs!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2005]
  4. nje

nje New Member

I thought i was the only one that stayed in flares,i will get out of one,have maybe? a few so-so days then wham back in to tortureland. but my neurologist gave me a new pill called Lyrica, it is a miracle worker,my Dr. said it would help with the pain and the burning,and it has,i can`t tell you how good it feels not to wake up with numb legs and burning also and my back burns too,but since i started taken Lyrica its like a miracle. i say, run,don`t walk to your neuro,or rheumy or plain Dr. and tell him to give you some Lyrica,i`m sure they will because its not a narcotic,its for nerve pain. i have neuropathy in my legs,all that is , is damaged nerves,and they use to ache to the bone and burn before i went on Lyrica.

well kiddo the balls in your court,you won`t be sorry if you get this,and the sooner the better and it is better than neurontin. ((((((hugs))))) NJE
  5. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

I was diagnosed with FM this past December, had a bad upper respiratory infection in early March and haven't been ok since. No matter what I try to do I am worn out, in pain, feeling sick. You definitely are not alone with what you are going through. I keep hoping that it will get a little better soon though - hang in there.

Jess
  6. hubby

hubby New Member

I finally just came out of a flare of 3 yrs, and then was so glad to be better, started thinking of reducing medications, and did not have pain, just having trouble getting off okay.

Then something traumatic happened and thought I would flare then, didn't, it was a month later, and now that I have reduced medications, it will be a fight to get back on them, I am sure.

Sometime I think it just would not be worth it, that I will just stop them all and maybe I will die from it, or the pain. I get so sick of going to the Dr and not being able to do things.

It would be nice if I occasionally woke up rested and willing and ready to go at things as I used to finally on my medications. I haven't felt that way for a very long time and then just briefly

you stick it out, I guess that is all we can do.
    Hubby
  7. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...mighty flare.
    My flares stay a long time. I am better (if you can call it that) because the first few yrs I had RSD and FM I was nearly bed ridden for months. But I also had one partial remission and one complete remission, each lasting a few years. Then it came back with a vengense with flares that would last months. I have RSD/CRPS that is now full body. The FM is my secondary problem.

No, you are not nuts. Vent all you need. We understand completely. You are not alone. You have a lot of 'club' members here you validate you. Don't keep the frustration bottled up inside. Talk about it. We will listen.
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

when I first became ill, in 94, I was in a flare for a year, I couldnt even write one line because of the pain and weakness. It was 10 months before I could even write.

Now my flares dont last so long, the pain is still excruciating and the weakness overpowers me but I come out of them within a few weeks. I have to stay in bed through a flare, I have no choice.

I am in pain every minute of every day and I am mostly housebound but it is not as severe as when I'm in a flare.

I hope the constant flare eases off for you, I'm sure it will.

loves Rosie
  9. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Back in the summer I was feeling like....well....frankly I felt "normal" NO pain at all. I still continued to take my pills and walk and everything...just felt totally GREAT!

Then....September 11th in Church I started to "feel" weird. Kinda like I told my hubby and child....something like a seizure. For a moment in time I did not know who I was...who the man in front of the podeium was...but snapped out of it...went to brunch and felt "sick". Tired and sick. That next day I got up and noticed I had pain in my foot. No big deal...had to go shopping for clothes...came home EXHAUSTED.....then it started. The most horrible flare I have ever experienced....and it is still continuing. The ONLY hope I have is that this is temporary. Could it be a month/year/years? Who knows...I just continue to pray and I each morning I wake up I am disappointed that I am still not right. But...truly the only thing that keeps me going is HOPE....

Keep your hope and faith...((((gentle hugs))))))
  10. blkkat

blkkat New Member

THANKYOU!! to all that posted! i had my husband read the posts, the next day he was treating me so diff. like hon you need anything, here i made you a sandwich, ect. thanks everyone!!! it helps to see that its not all me, theres so many ailments! i feel like i'm going crazy! and then when you have a bug on top of it my gosh just (hit) me please!!!LOL! sorry this is short off to the potty AGAIN IBS HEEYAA!! dont ya know!!LOL!! your all so great! dont you wish our families could be even half as great as the people here! GOD BLESS - LOVE - BLKKAT
  11. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I can't imagine being at my worst for the long. (((((HUGS))))) is all I can give I'm afraid. But, you are not crazy. I sincerely hope that there is relief somewhere out there for you. Sometimes I don't know which is more exhausting, living with the pain and fatigue or searching for solutions to getting rid of it!! You know what I mean?

Take care and I hope it lets up very, very soon.

Heidi
  12. DDKath

DDKath New Member

You are not crazy! and thanks to this message board I just realized I'm not either. I have been struggling with Fibro since I got Lyme Disease in 2002. I also had Lyme Meningitis...as soon as my meds were finished I noticed that I had pain all over and didn't have enough energy to walk to the bathroom and back. This got better....then bad again...then better then bad again....soon I would have good days and a few bad days....now it seems that I have good and bad weeks. The pain is enough to make you cry but worse than that it's the fatigue that I can't overcome. I can't do much and that makes me frustrated and depressed. It's a viscous cycle and I need to find a good doctor to help me. I've been doing this with no meds at all except a sleeping pill. Well, I'm sorry to make this message about me, But I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone - none of us are!

Gentle Hugs (I like that I hope you don't mind if I copy it)
    Dawn
  13. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have wondered the same thing...how long do these flares last.I was dx. over a month ago but went 2 months in so much pain even went to the ER one time.

You should never apologize for venting.We all feel the same way or have at one point.

If i didn't stay busy I would be crying all the time.But staying busy just makes it worse.

I wish we all were better especially my daughter Amber.She is 20 and has had fms/cfs since she was 12.
  14. blkkat

blkkat New Member

HI! WOW! real fast so sick w/flu? on top of fm/cfs/IBS ect. that (WE) all have i'm sure! AGAIN thankyou your alot what has been keeping me going! as i;m sure alot of you feel the same way! sorry does this make any since? on meds. and fogged out! love- HUGS! BLKKAT p.s cant spell for beans-sorry!