Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynn3811, Sep 16, 2008.

1. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

I have FM,and CFS and am quite sure I have had a "flare". Could somebody explain to me what consists of a flare? There are times when I can hardly move.

Thanks to all that may reply...
  2. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

Hi Lynn,
    For me, a flare is a worsening of symptoms after an episode of feeling a little better or even almost "normal'. What ever "normal" is anymore, I haven't a clue.

I am learning ,still, to listen to my body. Today is one of those days... I'm giving myself the "gift" of rest in hopes that this will be a short-lived flare.

I hope you are feeling better soon!
  3. kmkon

kmkon New Member

for me, a flare is when my whole body hurts so much I can barely function. feels like a truck ran over me.
  4. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Today I am in a flare, after having had several "good" days. My fingers hurt so bad I can hardly type, my muscles between my shoulders and wrists feel as if they are on fire and being twisted at the same time. I am so tired that all I want to do is go home and go to bed. I only get 3 days a month on my FMLA leave and in the words of my boss.... I am to tough it out and come on in. Well when I sit here with tears rolling down my face, maybe they will realize I am hurting. I hurt and just want to be wrapped in a warm blanket or a light massage and then left alone.
    I do also agree with the feeling of being hit being hit by a truck and then rolled down a flight of stairs. It STINKS!