Flares and pain control/doc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bratlyn, Oct 14, 2008.

  1. Bratlyn

    Bratlyn New Member

    Hi ladies,
    I have a question. When you have flare ups (like I seem to be right now) who perscribes you the medicine? Pain Management doctor or your Rheummy?

    I was surprised my Rheummy didn't offer anything. Not that I WANT to take anything with my children here... just sometimes at night, just to sleep... I need something! Advil isn't helping!

    So who do I go to see for pain relief?

    Thx in advance!

  2. 3gs

    3gs New Member

    hi brandi

    I actually get my pain meds from my family doc.

    In past have gone to pain clinis they didnt work for me.

    some rheummys prescribe some dont.

    best of luck fighting pain wears you out. stay on top of it.
  3. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    I see pain specialist. I have seen him for 5 years now and he has saved me. If you need a pain doctor who is familiar with fibro you might ask here. Let others know which area you are in.
  4. fallenstar1962

    fallenstar1962 New Member

    Hi Brandi

    I go to my family doc, he offered when I explained the pain I was in during a flare.


[ advertisement ]