Flareups CFS or Fibro or both at same time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by thirkmom, Apr 27, 2006.

1. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I have a question for you. Can you just have a fibromyalgia flare-up or just a CFS flare-up? Is this usually the case that you have one or the other flaring. Can both flare-up at the same time? I usually have one or the other but lately I feel like I'm getting both at the same time and I don't get out of bed for days. If anyone has any experiences with these could you please share? If I don't get right back it's because I can't get out of bed. Thank you so much for your time.
  2. srh

srh New Member

3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I have both.There are days when my pain is so bad .And have a very hard time getting out of bed. I still force myself out of bed .

I will be sitting at my PC and the fatigue will hit me all of a sudden and I will fall asleep right in the chair.

I have been at the doctors in the examining room waiting for her with my DH ( he helps me in due to pain )and have fallen asleep waiting for her.That is when I got diagnosed with CFS.

It seems to me that when I'm having a flair my CFS gets worst.Not sure why and neither do my doctors know why.

Hope I helped a little.Your not alone.We all suffer together in different ways.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sue
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been on the Guai so long that it is rare for me to have FMS flares with intense pain anymore. If I get really sick or injure myself, though, I can still have an FMS flare. Most of my flares are CFIDS and they come in the form of feeling fluish and being very fatigued. I take transfer factors every six weeks for a couple of days and this helps keep any chronic infections at bay. If I feel something coming on, I have antivirals, or even antibiotics, I can take to beat the infection back down.

Lately, my allergies have been so bad. I have had sinus problems and a cold sore. The other night, one side of my whole head felt like a big cold sore. I'm on my antiviral med to fight it off. I've noticed more FMS type pain while I've been sick with this.

For me, it's always a balancing act. I've been sick long enough that I can identify what is FMS and what is CFIDS.

Love, Mikie
  5. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

But sometimes they all seem roll together. That's why I think I'm flaring up in both. All I know is I'm miserable. Thanks Mikie and Sue for responding. Every little bit helps. It also helps to know that someone knows, I mean really "knows" what I'm talking about. Thanks guys. LuAnn