Flaring and Light Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I am in a bad flare. And the light is just killing my eyes. Even the light from the pc screen hurts. A friend took me to the healthfood store today and while we were out, the sun was on me and I just wanted to start screaming. No one understands that light and sound can really, really hurt.

So on top of that, my spleen is killing me, and I've got the rigor mortis stiffness and pain all over :( I'm not doing well. I did buy some stuff at the healthfood store that I'm hoping will help. But the truth is, I need several months of quiet rest.

My clueless cousin emailed me today. She was complaining about how she stubbed her toe and pulled a muscle and how that was the WORST thing ever in her life. And I was just like, OMG, yeah, that should be my biggest problem. She should try having this disease. I've been flaring so badly lately, I alternate between thoughts of suicide and just plain wishing I was dead. It must be nice to have her perfect healthy life and only get an occasional stubbed toe. I don't remember what that's like anymore.

I wish we had a magic pill to make the flares better. I'm just dying tonight. It feels like someone punched me in the spleen :(
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

You sound like me. Sound, & bright lights have always made me hurt worse. Loud noises cause me to startle and that causes more pain.
    I wish that pain in my bit toe was the only pain I had at all. That would be great. Think of all the things we could do if a stubbed toe was our "worst pain ever".

I am sorry that you feel so bad that your wishing you were dead. I know that when my pain gets bad I get really blue and wish that all my pain was gone .But that is not going to happen any time soon. Have you seen a doctor about the pain in your spleen? that sounds serious.

I hope that your sleeping soundly now as it is going on 3 am here in Utah.
    Hope your feeling better soon.
    Lots of HUGS
  3. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

You cannot describe to someone that does not have FM that light really does hurt. Like when you go to a theater to see a movie, the lights they have on before the movie starts to hurt my eyes so bad that it gives me a bad headache. The worst though is the sensitivity to smell. I HATE smelling everything. I wish it all smelled like roses.

Hope your flare gets better soon.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So sorry you are feeling so badly. I am very light sensitive but not sure that it makes me hurt any more (since I hurt ll the time). However, I still cannot stand the light very much especially, when it is is very bright. My eyes are very sensitive and need to remember to bring my sunglasses all the time.

Yes, I also know what you mean when you talk aboaut people complaining about some little thing - like my DH. They haven't a clue even if they THINK they know and understand.

Hope you feel better soon hon.

Hugs and blessings,