Flaring from the Store Again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Sep 6, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I went to the grocery store today. I had no choice, I was out of stuff. Too many sights, sounds, smells in the store and I started to flare up. Then I started to get panic attacks walking down the isles because the place was making me so sick. I actually had to talk myself down till I was done and out. But now that I'm home, it's like massive flare up. Severe pain all over, like someone is ripping every nerve cell out of my body. Stiffness all over like rigor mortis, light and sound sensitivity. I had a stomach attack, too, colitis like cramps. I'm in too much pain all over to do anything. My cousin called me, and I can't call her back because I'm in screaming agony. And she won't understand. I also have the heart pain, left side of the heart, like someone is stabbing me with a sharp knife. The symptom list just goes on and on.

If I could get all my groceries delivered, like all the fresh stuff, I would never go in the store again. It's awful that they don't do that for people like us, at least not where I live. I don't know how much longer I can keep doing the shopping. It's going to kill me :(
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Was so sorry to hear how awful you are feeling.

I know what a challenge the grocery store can be. First you have to get there then shop then theres the challenge of getting home and unloading putting away UGH!

Wish you could find a store who delivers. Theres one in my area( i think they still do it)also a diary that delivers.

Do you have anyone who could help?

We have resources in Utah are there none there? Check in phonebook for disabled services.

Please take care of yourself I know its hard to keep your head up when you are hurting this bad.

Hope your nite is peaceful
  3. landra

landra New Member

I felt like you did and it took me all day to do my shopping - including the rests when I got home before I got everything put away. Now I get my fruits and vegetables at a nearby "farmer's market" type store, and much of it is locally grown. I get most of my staples at a Co-op.

When I go to the big grocery, I use a motorized chair/cart. I get my meats and other basics there.
    I also go at "off" times - Sunday mornings, Tuesday afternoons (fresh fruits and veggies are delivered on tuesdays, I've found).

Hope some of this helps.

Friends also get me things from Sam's Club and such - things like huge packages of toilet paper.
  4. gennief

gennief New Member

Teabisqit, I'm sorry to hear you needed groceries, I go completly down every time I visit the store. I can bearly move and It feels like my body is screaming in pain. I never look forward to that day unlike before I had this dd.The anxitiy gets to me as well, I sweat from my head and face so bad it drips than I get looks,which doesn't help.Maybe you could get your cousin some literature to read on this dd. Than she might be apt to understand. Another trick I've learned with my family is to give them web sites to read (like this one) where ppl post. I hope you feel beter today :)
  5. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I cant stand going to the store, especially grocery. just like you too many smells, sights, etc...plus i have equalibrium problems.