Flaring

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As y'all know, I just haven't snapped back ever since returning from Atlanta. I thought it was because I was taking the Famvir, and some of it was Herxing, but not all. I felt so sad when I read Ace's post; he sounds bad.

I'm back to feeling like I did when I first got sick only not quite so bad. There may be a couple of explanations: I have a tooth which has been bothering me for a while; and I had a water leak under my kitchen sink which caused some mold.

I'm seeing the dentist on Mon., so I'll have him x-ray the tooth. I washed down the moldy area with bleach and it is drying up. One way or the other, both these possibilities will soon be eliminated.

I was doing so much better that I can't believe this is just a spontaneous CFIDS flare, but it could be. We just never know with these illnesses. Plastic surgeon is redoing one of my eyelids on Tues., so I'll be sporting a messed up face again for a bit. It just never ends.

Love, Mikie
  2. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

that you are having a rough time of it. Hope you are on the right track to getting back to your normal self again.

these dd's have so many surprises (usually bad ones) and it takes time to figure out what causes a flare.

Take care of yourself!! Love, Granmakitty
  3. stilhere

stilhere New Member

I'm sorry your not feeling well, I know there are so much things that can cause us our flares even with Lupus, no one really knows, I just found out that beans can cause a flare for me....can you believe that? a mexican-american that can't eat beans!lol..now I've heard everything....enough about me, I'll be praying for you....

In Christ
    Jessica
  4. Nikki

Nikki Member

I never know what's gonna cause me to flare ... could be it's just Wed (or Sat or whatever). Whenever I took antivirals for the 1st time, they worked so well . . . the next time, I hurt so badly almost immediately after ingesting the 1st pill, I stopped immediately and felt better. I had never heard about herxing . . . it was before the board and before I was dx'd.

I pray your flare will soon cease and desist..........sharon
  5. jan a.

jan a. New Member

Im not on the board all the time like alot of you but I know you have been bad then went through a real good point where you felt you may have licked it and then bam its back....I think thats many peoples stories...its awful and unending...
    I have cfids and was diognosed with lyme disease in april so I dont know if I still have cfids plus lyme or if the lyme is the total culprit.....my point is that we all have something behind all this mess..its a matter of finding it which isnt easy...I just wanted to tell you about my experience with hhv6 and famvir...I know it seems to have helped many but I was on it for 2 years and every time I was tested my titers were still high....I was taking 500mg. 2xday...then my dr. told me to stop it completly for 6 weeks so he could test me with it out of my system....It made me nervous to be without something for the hhv6 so in that 6 weeks time I took super garlic 600 mg. caplets , 1xday (bought it from here, pro health) and when I was tested for hhv6 6 weeks later my titers had dropped to a very low number for the first time...I was totally blown away to think the famvir had done nothing and the garlic worked.... when I told my dr. what I had taken he was impressed by that result....mabe its just me and I make no claims about it but its worth a try....garlic is antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal...it cant hurt.....just thought this was an interesting finding to share...I am on tons of antibiotics for the lyme but that hhv6 is another story... best to you and hope you improve soon...god bless...jan a.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2003]
  6. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi Mikie,
    You posted on The Worship board that you weren't doing so well and I was hoping you were on the up-swing now.
    I'm glad you let us know what is going on.
    I am sending you bunches of good thoughts.
    lets hope that you have already found the culprit and things will turn around now.
    keep us posted,
    Hug,
    Ziggy
  7. KayL

KayL New Member

I hope you're feeling a lot better soon!

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Karen
  8. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I hope you're feeling better before you go in and that it goes well without another accompanying flair. Lendi
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate all your good thoughts and prayers.

As I mentioned, I will get to the bottom of this one way or another. I am starting to think it is the mold issue, but it could also be the tooth. I'll find out about the tooth tomorrow.

My A/C is on all the time now, so the mold will have a chance to dry out. Last night, I had some achiness in my right chest area, so I'm betting it's the mold. That's the side where I always had asthma and pneumonia in Colorado.

I am feeling a little better today. Two years ago, this would be impossible for me to start to recover. I would have been bedridden and it would have gone on forever.

Jan, you experience sounds just like mine. The first time I went on the Famvir, after Herxing, I went into complete remission. This time, I've Herxed and stayed sick. Now, it could be from other causes. We now know that pulsing is the way to go in treating pathogens once the worst of the little buggers are killed off. Sometimes after the drugs are withdrawn, the critters are killed off by the body's own immune system. This may be why your titer dropped after stopping the Famvir. I will take it for two months and pulse off of it. Of course, the garlic had to have been a big help. Unfortunately, it will block my Guai, so the only way I can get garlic is to eat it. I do drink one cup of olive leaf tea made from the tincture and I believe it helps. I also use my zapper and believe it helps too.

I'll keep y'all informed of how it is going and what I find out. I probably won't be putting up a picture again until the eyelid heals, about two weeks. He just didn't take quite enough skin off above the incision and it has given me one "Debbie Reynolds" eye. I just hope when all is done, I don't end up with one Popeye :)

Thanks again, everyone; y'all don't know how much it means to me.

Love, Mikie
  10. klutzo

klutzo New Member

So sorry you are having a bad time. I wonder about the bleach you used....bleach causes major problems for me. I have to ventilate like crazy and wear gloves when using it, and then rinse it off repeatedly after use. When I bleach white clothes, they must be put through at least 2 extra wash cycles to get all the bleach out, otherwise the clothing will make my skin burn and swell and I get very agitated. You have to get rid of the mold, so you're da*ned if you do, and da*ned if you don't! Maybe it might be worth calling an expert in such things....I'd start with my county cooperative extension service, since they are free and have answers to all kinds of questions like this.
    Keep us posted. Hugs,
    Klutzo
  11. lucky

lucky New Member

to read that you are going through a big flare and hope that you are feeling better soon.
    There is not a day where there are no surprises with these illnesses and our hope of ever feeling well again goes down the drain. But, ususally this passes and makes us stronger to deal with our illness.
    By the way, I feel that during the summer heat there are lots of other problems facing many of us, one of them is mold probably which is also a big problem for me.
    I wish you well and take care and do not despair, there will be many great days ahead of you. Lucky
  12. dd

dd New Member

Sorry you are feeling so awful. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Good luck on the eyelids!!!

Peace and Love,

Debbie
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This flare seems to come and go throughout the day. I think it's getting better and then it gets worse. Good grief! These illnesses are truly a mystery.

I do appreciate all the sweet support and I'll keep y'all posted.

Love, Mikie
  14. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Ever since my being flipped by the EMTS and the bout with morphine I too am back almost to where I was three years ago and it scares me too death.

I have noticed if I stay on my meds strict and use the chair as much as I can I may squeeck in a pain free moment.

I'm thinking of you and pray you and all of us soon find relief....you call this living? CactusLil'
  15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

It's so hard to try to figure out what is responsible when we get worse & better. I've been doing better since my food allergy/leaky gut protocol----better enough that I'm actually applying for jobs----yet at the same time, I realize that I always carry around the feeling that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, that old symptoms can crop up at a moment's notice. Before this illness, I never realized how much I took my health for granted.

I hope that this flare passes for you as mysteriously as it arose; many times in the past that has been my experience, I have flared & then gotten better for no reason that I could ever really pin down. I just hope you feel better soon!

Hugs & prayers,
    Pam