"Flavor Sprays" Anyone try these???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 6, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I've always wondered how they tasted - has anyone tried them? They're not available locally and have read mixed reviews online...

& also wondering if it matters as to which flavor(s) - as some may not taste as good as others, etc...

2. victoria

victoria New Member

but no, they're sprays to use on foods, some flavors are butter, parmesan, etc...

they're supposed to add an oomph to the taste without the calories. Sounds too good to be true to me, I'm thinkig unless it's real foods it'll just taste like chemicals... but thought I'd ask and see if anyone here had any experience with it.

If you google 'flavor spray diet', you'll see what I'm talking about.

3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I have used the garlic juice and roasted garlic juice sprays, mostly on meat. But they are great!

Since b/f had heart attack, I've been using Pam for cooking and a butter spray on toast and baked potatoes and such.

Has anyone tried the dressing spritzers? The nutritionist recommended that instead of pouring dressing on salads.

4. victoria

victoria New Member

any one else try any of these?
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Are they real flavors or chemical impostors?
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I've used the Hellman's salad dressing sprays and they're good. They're low in calories (15 calories per 10 sprays) and contain natural ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, spices etc.). I like them a lot. God bless, Anne Theresa
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

I wonder many different types of flavorings, dressings, etc. wouldn't lend themselves to being put into fine-spray bottles?

It maybe would allow more flavor overall with fewer calories, without resorting to 'special sprays' that probably have more chemicals than we want or need... altho with some things like chocolate, I suppose concentration may be difficult.