Flax question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carolyn0508, May 12, 2003.

1. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

I have taken one form or another of flax for many years for cholestrol control and have also read that it can help with a variety of other conditions including fibro. I discovered from this board that I may not have been taking enough. Sooo I did more research and learned that it supports prostoglandins (sp?). But aren't they bad? Isn't that what pain killers block? I'm confused and would appreciate any input. Also, I seem to remember reading on this board that too much Omega-3's are as bad as not enough but I couldn't find the thread. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Carolyn
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

for Carolyn.
  3. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Hi Carolyn, My nutritionist suggested I start using flax seed about a year ago. I am now taking 1 Tablespoon twice a day. I measure it out & then grind it in a coffee grinder and drink it in juice or water - kinda grainy but do-able! I am also using flax oil for salad dressing with apple cider vinegar. I've been trying to follow the Fat Flush diet but it is really difficult to stay away from the carbs! The flax is a great source for fiber as well as Omega 3's. I have only read positive reports regarding including flax in the diet.
    Best Wishes,
    Darla