Flaxseed Oil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, May 24, 2003.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Yesterday, stopped at the Health Food Store for lotion for my very dry skin, between the pool chemicals and Sjogren's my skin doesn't stand a chance. Anyway the woman suggested flaxseed oil caps which she said would be more effective. Took two last night---had severe nausea and vomiting during the night. Was it the flaxseed oil, for supper I had salmon, we cook it well. Now I am afraid to take the flaxseed again. Comments please!!!!!! June
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

Sorry to hear about the nausea and vomitting. Poor you.

I take flax seed oil and it helps. Like evening primrose oil I only ever take it when I eat a meal with some fat in it.

Cheers

Tansy
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Tansy is probably right, but also take one capsule for starters, then after a week then try two.

You may have taken too much of a good thing!

I use the Flax Seeds, I grind them and put it in bread mix. It makes a great taste to the homemade bread.

Be sure to eat first next time.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Do I dare take it again. If I do, I will follow all your suggestions above, decreasing dose, taking it at with a fat-containing meal. Then if that does not work, switch to another oil. Thank you Tansy, Shirl and Skeesix.

PS Skeesix you mentioned fish oil helping with sicca syndrome. I am wondering why my rheumy never mentioned this to me after diagnosing with Sjogren's. She had given me some samples of a new med that addresses these issues, but after reading the insert, I declined thank you. It would have played havoc with my IBS. For over ten years, had been complaining of dry mouth. It took her seven to investigate further. I am curious, did your doctor suggest reading The Omega RX Zone, did you find it through your own research. I am going to read it, thank you. June