Fleece Sheets for your bed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Redwillow, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I was reading about how so many people get cold at night and I wondered if anyone else uses fleece sheets on their bed.

I live in Ontario Canada so I know about cold nights. We heat our house with a wood stove and we like the bedrooms cold at night so we don't open the registers in our bedrooms but the sheets get awful cold until you warm them up.

A friend of mine told me about fleece sheets and I bought a set at the local Giant Tiger discount store.
    The Queen size set was only $39.99! (I just checked at giant tiger today and I was wrong the queen size is $49.99, I think I got mine on sale though)

The sheets never feel cold when you first get into bed. Since then I have bought these sheets for everyone in the house!

If you feel the cold I would highly recommend these sheets to everyone!

hugs Redwillow
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  2. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Good idea!

I warm up bricks in the fire and suround myself
    with them before bed.

Gentle bear hugs

Bruinz
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I have flannel sheets and I love them. They really do make a huge difference. When you get into bed you can tell right away. Regular sheets are sooo cold in the winter. Flannel is so soft and warm. They are very cozy and comfy.

They can be expensive but for those of you who can afford it they are a good investment. AND since Christmas is coming up maybe you all can put some on your christmas lists :)

Take Care,
    Pam
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Bruinz:

Bricks in your bed sounds mighty uncomfortable even if they are warm. You might want to rethink this one.... LOL

hugs Redwillow
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I love Flannel sheets too but these sheets are warmer than Flannel. I have replaced all my flannel sheets with Fleece!

This is like sleeping in sheets made out of polar fleece blankets only fitted like sheets.

hugs Redwillow
  6. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

It is getting really cold here in the UK and most people are gearing up for winter.
    I used to be ssooooooooooooo cold all the time but now I suffer the worst burning in my body that I am still wear my little shorts and top PJs!!!!

I buy ALL my family loads of fleecy stuff in the winter.
    Firstly... Fleece underblankets....Fleecy socks, gloves, sweaters, scarves, hats,slippers, and esp.throws to go on sofa!!!lol.

I have to stay really cool cos of my fibro but as long as they are all warm I am ok!

I used to have the flannelette sheets on my bed years ago but now I would scream cos I would boil lol!!!
    If I ever feel cold I have enough fleecy stuff in the house to just put on for 10 mins.

I do know that the cold weather gives me ssooo much pain and stiffness but I still cannot be too hot.WEIRD??YES!!

Take care
    Rena

7. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Redwillow,

As a fellow Canadian I am in total agreement with using Flannel sheets.

I usually start using them as soon as the weather gets warmer.

There are some pretty thick ones out there!!! I have been eyeballing a pair that is as thick as a quilt,and very soft.

Would not go a winter without them!!!!

Take Care!
    Jordane
  8. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

There really is such a thing??!! I can't stand flannel much, so I usually keep regular sheets, but I loooooooooooove fleece. I've brought out all my fleece pj pants for the year and I've gone out to buy more just because I love them so much.

This is really exciting!!
  9. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Yes I am serious! LOL Nerdieduckie!
    I love your enthusiasim! Trust me you will love these things.

Personally I can't stand sleeping in PJ's. Any wrinkle or fold of cloth hurts and a nightgown ends up strangling me! So these sheets are wonderful to keep me warm!

I wish I could tell you where to buy them in your area but I can tell you that they are out there!

I like them much better than flannel. Flannel gradually looses its fluff but these sheets seem to keep fluffy until they are almost bald!

hugs Redwillow
  10. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Awesome Redwillow!
    The whole idea sounds very cozy. The newer fleeces are less apt to pill than the first ones did. I did learn long back to dry fleece on a cool setting for less pilling. Heck I've got several hunks of fleece stashed in my sewing room. You don't need to hem fleece as it doesn't ravel. cut squares out of corner stitch the sides together and we're styling. Thanks for inspiration. Maineweezie
  11. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

FLUFFY SHEETS!!!!!

really...this excites me a great deal. I do love my pjs but to have that extra layer of fleece would be superior. Now I want to go shopping but the problem is I don't feel like doing anything >_<

I must google...
  12. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Giant Tiger...here I come...Thanks Redwillow for sharing that, I think I will be doing the same tomorrow.

love to all, Ann
  13. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I love my soft high thread count sheets, but I got a set of fleece ones for my parents who live on a farm (fellow Ontarionian) here.

Thought I got a bargain at 49.99 on the shopping channel. I'm so glad to hear how nice they are.

My mom and dad will love them!!

Take Care
    Sue in Ontario
  14. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I use flannels on my bed, but just bought a micro fleece blanket and I love it. It's longer than the comforter I was using so hubby and I don't pull the covers off each other.

It is so soft and sooooo comfy.

You got yours for a great price, after a google search they can cost quite a bit.

Thanks for the tip,
    Susan07
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

My husband would love that, hates to sleep in any type of pajamas, but then wants to turn the heat up :(

Hmmm wonder if I could make him a night cap too for his bald head... hehehehe!

Thanks, I'll look into it, even tho i live in the sunnier mid-south...

best,
    Victoria