Flexall - safe to use while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, Aug 15, 2005.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi everyone. I have yet another question. Is Flexall topical cream ok to use while pregnant? I am not pregnant, and we haven't started trying yet - still in detox - 2 more weeks , maybe more of it before we start to try. The active ingredient in it is menthol 16%. I can't find any info online about it either way. It comes up with cigarrette menthol but this is not the same as that, right? My OBGYN didn't know right off hand because I didn't know the active ingredient at the time. I can always call back about it, but just wondered if anyone knew? Thanks, Carla
  2. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

I used while I was pregnant, but just kept it away from my abdomen to just be safe. My OB said it should be safe as long as it is not pentrating and getting into the bloodstream. Since these are just topical she didn't see any problems. I would put it on my buttocks so atleast I felt some warmth down there. I lived with htose Thermacare patches too. They were great. I even used that in the hospital after my csection right across the incision and it felt so good. The doctors had never seen it before and they said it was perfectly fine that I did. I wish you luck on conceiving.
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You may try asking your pharmacist. They know a ton about drug interactions and side effects! Lynn