Flexaril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wld285, Sep 24, 2006.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hello...I am interested to know if anyone who takes flexaril has had any help with their sleeping problem by taking it? Thanks
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

It makes such a difference for me...it helps me sleep but I also take one in the morning to help with the muscle pain. It took me a bit to get through the effects during the day but my Rheumy insisted that it would help and he was right. Everyone is different though and for every good review you will hear a problem for another person.
  3. rigby

rigby New Member

I have been taking 2-3X a day for 14 years for the muscle pain I could not get through the day without it Sharon
  4. born2fish64

born2fish64 New Member

I took it for 2 years every night but then it stopped working. So I had to change to something else that I can't remember the name of at the moment.
  5. achy

achy New Member

I take it just before bed and it really does halp w/ sleep. I have had to up my dose from 1 tab to 1 & 1/2.

If I'm having spasms during the day I can only take 1/2 or I wind up taking a nap!!

But we are all different. What works for one doesn't work for all. Give it at least 2 weeks.

sleep tight
    achy
  6. hob

hob New Member

I have been taking Flexaril for almost a year now and it really helps with staying asleep as well as getting to sleep. I struggle most with staying asleep and the first night I had a difference. I would recomend it to others...
  7. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

Flexeril has helped me a great deal. I used to do fine with just one 10mg at night. Now I take 20mg at night, and sometimes one during the day. Keeps the muscle spasms livable. You might want to start with a low dose and see how you do, as it can make you very drowsy. Also, you might feel a bit hung over the next morning.

Good luck,

Ingrid
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Neither did its cousin, Elavil. The only thing which has helped is Klonopin.

Love, Mikie
  9. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I take flexeril strictly as a sleep med. It has been the best one for me! It is one of the few meds out there that get you into stage 4 sleep. Someone else posted that quite a while ago on this board. I don't take it every night though, only on the nights before I have to work (part-time). I don't want to take it so much that I develop a tolerance to it, I tend to do that with meds.

I can only take 1/2 a pill, otherwise it will knock me out for a long time, and I wake up groggy. 1/2 a pill does the trick!

I also take ZMA which I get from this site. It is a wonderful supplement that contains magnesium, B-6 and Zinc. If you have trouble falling asleep like I do, it will make you sleepy. If you decide to take it, make sure you run it by your Dr. first.

My new Dr. was surprised that I take this med as a sleep med. I think he wanted to give me a med like ambien or others that are strictly sleep meds, but I like this one the best and didn't want to try anything else.

Good luck and take care, Sally
  10. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Did absolutely nothing for me.

No muscle relaxant effects, no drowziness...its like eating skittles to me.

I am very tolerant of medications though. The only muscle relaxants to ever work on me have been Zanaflex and Soma. And I have tried most of them.

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  11. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

I also began taking flexeril about 2 years ago and now cannot sleep without it. Before, I woke up every time I turned over in bed. Now, I sleep the entire night thru.
  12. caffey

caffey New Member

Doesn't help with sleep but it does help with the neuropathy in my foot.
    Cath