Flexeril question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cathat31, Jun 1, 2006.

1. cathat31

cathat31 New Member

I was recently started on Flexeril, it relaxes me but it gives me a weird feeling. I actually have jumped up out of bed scared to go to sleep.

I am not sure but I think it could be that my body is not used to being that relaxed. Does Flexeril make anyone else feel weird? I don't know maybe thats what it's supposed to do.

It has been raining here alot and am achy all over, I could not even sit through a movie with my kids those chairs at the theaters are so uncomfortable, along with the kid behind me putting his feet on the back of my seat and pulling my hair. I eventually had to get up and go wait outside. Does the rain effect others to?

2. millennia

millennia New Member

I've been taking it a while now and I've never had that feeling. Actually I don't feel different at all when I take it. I just wake up feeling more rested. But my friend without fibro takes it and says she gets this heavy pushing feeling, she warned me about the strange feeling I would get after taking it.
  3. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

If I take it during the day, it makes my muscles so relaxed and loose, all I can do is lay down and sleep. It really helps me at night; both to sleep better and to keep my muscles from spasming up which wakes me.

I only take it daytime on a real bad pain day as I can't do much else with it--hard to focus or concentrate. But I think it is a good drug. My husband can take it anytime and it doesn't make him sleepy, relieves his muscle pain.

Deb
  4. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Cathat31:

I have been taking flexeril for many years. When I first started, I had to actually be IN bed when I took it, that is how fast it would affect me. Your body will build up tolerance to it after some time and the affect will not be as much. Do you take it during the day? I only take at night, or if I know I am not going to be driving all day long. I have a RX for 3 10mg per day, and usually only take 1 10mg at bedtime. Perhaps you could cut your 10mb dose in half and see if that helps?

It really does help with muscle spasm pain, and allows me to get much more restorative sleep. I used to wake up every 40 minutes and have to walk around the house for 10 minutes and then go back to sleep for another 40 minutes. Now I can sleep 2-4 hours at a time.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cathat31:

I just got put on Flexeril permanently after testing it out for a few months. I notice he does help with those knots of tension I (many of us) have.

Since using it full time now I have not had problems with it.

nyrofan
  6. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

yup had my first flexeril this past month and stayed in bed nearly the whole time....

ahhhhh sleep it was fab. Made me wonder if it was cose to feeling like a 60s drug trip would have been like, felt like I was on clouds wahooo out there lol.

if I go back on it since I only got it for a week I do hope I build a little tolerance for it because it is a knock you on your ass kinda drug lol at least it is for me!

GL
  7. cathat31

cathat31 New Member

I was told to take it 3 times a day but I just take it of the evening, don't want to scare the kids if I was to freak out or something.

It does help me stay asleep but usually takes awhile for me to get asleep, I think because I fight it because of the weird feeling, I start to doze off then wake myself up its like a heavy feeling. I will try taking half tonight and see what that does.
  8. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I want Flexeril!!!! Right now.
  9. Bambi

Bambi New Member

and it didn't do a thing for any of my symptoms. For spasms I take Soma and it always works great for me with no obvious side effects. I've been taking it for several years and it has made such a huge difference for me as I was having severe spasms before that felt exactly like heart attacks. Scared the EMT's I'd call out even and the doctors would also say they'd never seen anything like it..that severe!
  10. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

"It does help me stay asleep but usually takes awhile for me to get asleep, I think because I fight it because of the weird feeling, I start to doze off then wake myself up its like a heavy feeling."

I found this too it was like someone was trying to hypnotise me to get some sleep .... like you are getting very sleepy and my head would get heavy and I would jerk out of it and fight it instead of recognizing that I needed to just turn off the tv and hit the sack lol.

Can not wait to see what the doc gives me wed. (I am seeing an ortho surgeon.) You should see my hip and butt it is kinda funny but OUCH funny!

Ok picture 2 cheeks.... then the middle.... ok from the middle right at the top of the butt take a pop can and lay it so that it is 2 1/2 inches from the crack and at an angle going up, lay it over the cheek.

THat is what my butt looks like when it is in flamed.... so the flexeril makes me have a normal butt again! takes out the inflamation but I swear to God honestly the muscle looks like someone just opened the skin and laid a can of pop there and sewed me back up it is exactly that shape.

I showed hubby last night how I can not lay on my back or right side, I took his hand and said here put it under my lower R cheek lol! His hand slid right under cause this muscle is so inflammed that it makes the rest of the cheek stay almost 1 1.2 inches off the bed!

Sorry t o babble but it is 1am and I can not sleep cause the pain med did not kick in sighhhh. And so my achy breaky butt is screaming loll.

hagn all hope you all are sleeping! Brenda
  11. cathat31

cathat31 New Member

I have had enough, I even broke the pill in half and still the same weird feelings.

But what did it was last night, I took the med laid down started to doze off then out of nowhere, I jumped straight up out of bed scared me after I realized what I was doing.

My husband thought I was nuts he said he asked me what I was doing and I told him I was jumping over a snake..lol
    Wonder why he thought I was out of my mind.

I will tell the doctor about this and see if he will try something new.
  12. tonakay

tonakay New Member

ranks right along with elavil in my book, hung over the next day and always craving carbs. Don't like either one.
  13. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

Hi, many years of the flex as needed always at night unless I planned on not working...I had to take it by 6pm in order for it to take effect by 8 or so. If I could not take it by 6 I had to go 1/2 tab or even 1/4 tab. I had a flex hangover in the am if I did not do this. It depended on just how much pain I was in as to the dosage. I am now trying lyrica, first week. Still puts me to sleep but I don't have that grogginess in the am, which is good. But I could never take these in the daytime unless I planned on staying home like the weekends. The cum effect of Paxil and flex just left me feeling tired.