Flexeril -- this is helping me so much

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wildworld, Nov 16, 2006.

1. wildworld

wildworld New Member

Just an FYI for anyone interested - I'm with a new doctor who recently put me on a muscle relaxant called Flexeril at night. It helps me sleep much better than any of the sleep aids (ambien, lunesta, trazedone, gabitril are all things I've tried, among others) and has improved my muscle pain immensely. The sleep also feels more natural, if that makes sense, and seems to refresh me much more, maybe because I used to dream about the pain when I was asleep and would wake up stiff and sore from tensing my muscles all night. Whatever the reason, it has helped me immensey, so I thought you all should know.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

I have been taking flexeril at night for about 5 years now. It has really worked well for me as well. I started with just one 10mg tablet at night and now take 2 10mg tablets at night. I do not wake up feeling drugged or anything.

Ingrid
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I took 10 mg of Flexeril with 20 mg Sinequan (they work well together) as well as .5 mg Klonopin for the first five years of my illness. I really felt the Flexeril helped me. After those five years, the muscle pain was pretty much gone. I used to feel like my muscles were being ripped apart whenever I raised my arms. Not anymore!
  4. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

Curious about your dosage. I took 5mg for 2 weeks and it helped some. The gasto side effects out weighed the benefits for me.
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi there,

My dr. tried me on 10mg or gen. Flexeril and that did not hdlp alot but when she added 0.5 mg of gen Klonopin it has helped alot to sleep and for some of my neck pain. Everyone is SO different.

Hugs,

Marilun (that granni)
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

wildworld:

I have had good luck with Flexeril for relaxing my tight muscles. No, it does not get rid of all of them (like the neck/shoulders), but it is not harmful to my system.

nyrofan
  7. matthewson

matthewson New Member

It is the best sleep aid ever! It is one of the few meds that promotes stage 4 sleep, that is why it seems to work well. I like the fact that one is not groggy in the morning, and it helps with stiff muscles.

Take care, Sally