Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tkm1222, Jul 12, 2007.

1. tkm1222

tkm1222 New Member

Anyone taking Flexeril? How much & is it working for you?
  2. petstoregirl

petstoregirl New Member

I took it for almost 2 months on the 10mg dose (and had to work up to that from a quarter of a tablet!). Did make me sleepy at first (was taking at night), but that didn't continue. Basically didn't do a darn thing for me. Not taking it anymore
  3. tkm1222

tkm1222 New Member

...for the reply. I started @ 5 mg & it did nothing. I am now taking 10 mg @ night & if I take it too late I am super groggy in the morning. I find if I take it about 2 hours before I plan to go to bed then it works better at allowing me to get much better sleep so I feel better the next day. I do find that it helps my IBS a bit so that's an added plus! Take Care...
  4. mesquitebean

mesquitebean New Member

taking 10 mg of Flexeril early in the evening and have had the best sleep in a long time. I've also gone to the chiropractor which also helped so much with the pain in the shoulders, arms, and hands.
  5. yellowstrawberry

yellowstrawberry New Member

I have taken flexeril a few times. I find (as do others) that it can give you a med hangover. I also noticed it flared up my RLS(restless leg syndrome). There has to be something better.
  6. tkm1222

tkm1222 New Member

Sorry to hear the Flexeril isn't helping you. You might get the med hangover because you are taking it too late. If I take mine too late then I am very groggy/med hangover the next morning. If I take it at least 2 hours before I plan to go to bed then it is much, much better. Give it a try & hang in there...Good luck!
  7. jenn1980

jenn1980 New Member

I took it about 1 1/2 years ago, maybe a bit longer than that. It did absolutely nothing. Good luck.
  8. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i tried it. it had the effect of eating candy for me - did absolutly nothing. I also tried soma which worked but wore of to quickly. now i take robaxin which works really well for me. everyones body responds differently to meds and you just have to keep trying until you find what works.
  9. grannyvonne

grannyvonne New Member

Flexeril has really helped me I take the 10 mg three times a day and it has helped the knots in my back at least 50%. Since I started the flexeril, I have cut my pain meds way down. And my regular doctor started me on flexeril years ago before we knew about fibromylgia so the increase to three times a day didn't affect my ability to stay awake because I am taking provigil so I can have some energy at work during the day. And my chiro says the knots in my back are much reduced. You just have to try different things and reading here what other people have tried is a godsend. Hope this info has helped you in someway.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/15/2007]
  10. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

it does work for me when shoulder muscles are knotted up and even deep knots in the big muscles along the spine.

It does not make me drowsy as it will some folks...

but hey... 15mg of ambien is like drinking water....not many things make me drowsy.

Lorcet Plus which knocks my hubby out for hours on end at just 5mg...well I can take 20mg and I am wired for sound. It is my breakthrough pain med but I never take it after 2pm because it will keep me up all night.

I find if I get out an take a 30 minute walk about 2 hours prior to bedtime and then take a warm bath I can sleep much better. I also try to do calm things the last hour before I want to be asleep.
  11. icequeen60

icequeen60 New Member

This stuff does not work. I was put on it for sever months and all I wanted to do was sleep. I now your post is a little old, but the new med out is Lyrica and it works wonders. I have been on it now for over a month at the low dose twice a day and I never felt better. It is recommended 3 times a day, but I found it works for me at only twice a day and not making me tired. Talk to your doctor about this and make sure it will not interfer with any other meds you are taking.