Flexorel Making me sleepy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by christrut341, Feb 20, 2006.

1. christrut341

christrut341 New Member

Hi,

New to this message board. I have been diagnosed with FM and have been given a rx for Flexorel, I have been taking it as prescribed everynight 3 hrs before bed.

the next day I wake up feeling unbelievably hung over. Does anyone know any other medications that won't give this bad of a sleep effect.

Do other's feel this effect when taking flexorel?

It's bad enough I am always exhausted but now I am literally falling asleep at my desk.

thanks.
  2. bphayes

bphayes New Member

is that the way the medicine is spelled? i take flexeril and thats a muscle relaxer. just wondering if we were talking about the same medicine. billie
  3. christrut341

christrut341 New Member

YES SORRY THAT'S WHAT I MEANT.

it's so hard to concentrate at work. the body aches are subsiding but the fatigue and exhaustion is just worsening and I think it's due to the medication.
  4. bphayes

bphayes New Member

i take it due to the fibro, my instructions are one-half a pill, 3 times a day If needed. it relieves some of the tightness/soreness in my body. it doesn't make me sleepy or hungover......i feel better since starting elavil. it has helped me...i need to get my dr to up it maybe one more level to get the maxium benefit out of the drug. I sleep so deep now, i have major dreams and they are so real...i woke myself up the other night screaming, Leave my kids ALONE!!!!!! don't ask me what was going on in the dream, i have no clue. but boy, they are soooo vivid and real-like. when is your next appt??? billie
  5. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I take flexeril along with 26 other meds. Im tired all of the time but besides the meds, its from the Fibro. The flexeril makes me have dreams all night. Its kindof a catch 22, It works as a muscle relaxer but then you dont get alot of sleep. Is that why you are tired now?

Again, welcome to you from friends all around the world going through the same things you are going thru

Suzette