FLIGHTATTENDANTS WITH FMS PLS REPLY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ponygirl, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I have been trying and trying to find a link between flying and airquaility and FMS. So far havent had any replies and this is my 3rd posting. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree but I just feel that all the chemicals Ive been exposed to and the number of times I get Pneumonia and chronic bronchitis with the sinisitus thing , I think my FMS has come from the envirorment. Look for Others to support my belief.
  2. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I have been trying and trying to find a link between flying and airquaility and FMS. So far havent had any replies and this is my 3rd posting. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree but I just feel that all the chemicals Ive been exposed to and the number of times I get Pneumonia and chronic bronchitis with the sinisitus thing , I think my FMS has come from the envirorment. Look for Others to support my belief.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am not a flight attendant, in fact I have never been on a plane in my life!

But just wanted to let you know that we did this sometime last year, and there were many replies from passengers as well as attendants.

Just bump the post up if it falls to the bottom, the weekends are slow, but everyone will be back on Monday.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

I always got sick. I was told the air was recurclated and not filtered or oxygyn added. I always felt like it was hard to breath and would turn on the air to face me. I have seen reports on the news about the aie quality and how bad it is. Maybe you could get your (is it a union )and some passangers to do something about it. I guess it's a money issue for the airlines. I know one of my friends is trying to prove that mold is the trigger for her at her place of work.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  5. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Thank you Shirl for the info
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

You are partially right. Air on airplane CAN be circulated with fresh outside air, but usually it isn't. I can't remember how that works, but read about it in a book called "The Travel Detective". The pilot has to OPEN something on the plane to bring in outside air, and that requires more power, so they don't always like to do that. I'll try find that book and let you know exactly what it is they have to do. As it stands, the old air is circulated over and over again, and it's said that if someone on the plane has a cold and sneezes, those germs are circulated throughout the entire plane, and then at least 1/3 of all the passengers will come down with that cold within a week or so. Also, all that dry carbon dioxide is really bad for you. Not only is it bad for your brain and heart, but it also helps to thicken the blood, which leads to deep vein thrombosis, which kills many airline passengers every year!

Marilyn :)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The new Boeing 717's are the only planes today which have fresh air circulated throughout the plane. I love to travel but I hate flying, sitting right on top of other people, often with colds and hacking. I try to get bulkhead seats which have much more room to stretch my legs. I move them around as much as possible during the flight and try not to cross my legs.

I also hate sitting near young children and babies. The pressure changes and g forces are more pronounced on small babies and that is why they cry, sometimes nonstop. When I fly, I take my Klonopin and hope for the best. It took 11 hours from setting out for the airport til I got into my car here at home on the day I returned from NE for my Mom's memorial service. I've been exhausted ever since I got home. Being subjected to the lame security just adds another reason to stay home.

Sorry I can't help you with your survey but I just wanted to vent.

Love, Mikie
  8. cinquilts

cinquilts New Member

because I have only flown 1 time in my 51 years :) But you message did get my attention - I knew a girl from high school that was a horse lover and became a flight attendant. Not to be too personal, but are you from the Sunflower State? I am not trying to be nosy or intrude, just wondering if you were a long long friend.
    Cindy
  9. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

No me as I'm from the N.W. Hey whats KLONIPIN? Someone posted it might be good for me. Thanks for all the help. Also, how do you bump up a posting?