Flood in the laundry room today..........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

We are renters so tomorrow I will call the landlord--they are pretty good at coming to fix things.

My downstairs neighbor who we share the laundry room says he thinks it is from the washer again. It smells like rotten eggs in there.

It was my laundry day but I couldn't do the stairs today although I left a basket of sheets & towels down there on the floor Monday night because I ran out of energy to bring everything upstairs. So that will all need to be re-washed.

The smell isn't too bad upstairs in our apt, but I can smell it.

I hope it doesn't get too cold tonight--I turned off the furnace so that smell isn;t circulating throughout the house.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry for the mess. Sounds as though the drain is the culprit with that egg smell. Hope they get it cleaned up and dry to prevent mold. Sending up a prayer for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

The appliance repair guy came on Friday, he said the problem was fixed & he left. Later that night, my neighbor decided to run a load and found out the washer still will not spin and was the motor was making a funny noise.

The guy came back on Monday and said it is the pump & has placed an order for it. So, who knows when we will all have a washer again.

Guess I may need to make a trip to the laundermat---not my idea of fun
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

The washer was fixed today--so far tonight I have done 3 loads. I had a laundry basket on the floor in the laundry room that had sheets & towels in it. I re-washing all of it as I'm not sure if any of them were touched by the flood waters.

Some day we need a place where the laundry room isn't downstairs :(

Oh well, at least I won't have to go to the laundermat.
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

That did not sound fun! I'm glad the problem is at least resolved for now, and I hope you don't have any issues in the future.