Flooded in basement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Angel6801, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

I haven't been checking this out since Friday. I was working really hard, doing the remodel for living room by taking the carpets out the living room. And then the storm hit really hard that dumped five inches of rain. Later at night, My step mom and I finally finish the work and deicded to go out as reward for our hard working... I was so def sore from everything, and my symptoms flared up. But I'm looking at positive side, I konw this will be the day it will be pain but it will be better in time... Well, that has been changed wheN I retured to home, found out the basement was flooded... I was upset, but not too upset.. My computer is ruin. Well, its fine it just the hard drive that got damage and the mode for internet got damage... Worst of all the carpet that my dad installed few years ago was all ruin. So, now My step mom and I have to take it out ourselve since we can't afford to pay someone to take it off. All i can think its just our luck. But... even though we have many thigs that are damage, we still feel luckily it wasn't really bad and that we are fine, and a ot of our value stuffs was upstair. So, its good thing we have each other and we just work with it... And we have a lot of cleaning things to do! And... I started school yesterday... Stress starts to pile up.. I know this semester is going to be sooo diffucult!! You guys prop will not see me in this place for while. ONly one more semester then I'm graduating! That is what i'm saying to myself, just hanging out there... :)
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

If you have had flooding before, it may be a good idea not to put carpet in there. I'm sorry to hear about all the water you got down there.

Good luck with school. I know you'll be happy to graduate. Must be hard to do that along with having the DD's we have.

Hugs,
    Faye